Looking for TPW 1.5 to Win 95 Patch

I am running TPW in Win 95, everything is okay except when I go to debug.
I get the following error messages.  "Can't load C:\TPW\TDWIN.DLL"   After
selecting "Okay" to that I get the following Warning, "This program may
not run properly under Windows 95, see help"  The help directs me to
contact Borland for the updated patch.  I' ve checked Borland, the
internet and the best I have got is from AOL's PC Forum from someone
mentioning that to correct this problem you need to get the file
"tdwin95.zip" from Borland.  I cant find this file.
Does any one have any suggestions?
Can any one direct me in the right direction?
Any help will be much abliged.
Don
Lazov

Re:Looking for TPW 1.5 to Win 95 Patch

dla...@aol.com (DLazov) wrote:
>I am running TPW in Win 95, everything is okay except when I go to debug.
>I get the following error messages.  "Can't load C:\TPW\TDWIN.DLL"   After
>selecting "Okay" to that I get the following Warning, "This program may
>not run properly under Windows 95, see help"  The help directs me to

[ pruned]

Don,

One thing you could try is to run the MKCOMPAT.EXE utility supplied
with Win95.  You can find it in the \WINDOWS\SYSTEM folder.  A bit
more info is supplied in the Win95 resource kit.

MKCOMPAT.EXE is applied to TDWIN and basically fools it into thinking
that its still running under Win3.1.  As long as the exe is a 16-bit
program, this seems to work OK.

Borland seem to be even less helpful than usual wrt BP and TD (eg see
post from w...@aol.com (13/2/97) on Borland's response to TP7 and TD5
incompatibilities.  I suppose they're trying to press everyone into
Delphi -- the same attitude that's made me switch to MS C etc

Hope this helps
Alan.

dla...@aol.com (DLazov) wrote:
>I am running TPW in Win 95, everything is okay except when I go to debug.
>I get the following error messages.  "Can't load C:\TPW\TDWIN.DLL"   After
>selecting "Okay" to that I get the following Warning, "This program may
>not run properly under Windows 95, see help"  The help directs me to

[ pruned]

Don,

One thing you could try is to run the MKCOMPAT.EXE utility supplied
with Win95.  You can find it in the \WINDOWS\SYSTEM folder.  A bit
more info is supplied in the Win95 resource kit.

MKCOMPAT.EXE is applied to TDWIN and basically fools it into thinking
that its still running under Win3.1.  As long as the exe is a 16-bit
program, this seems to work OK.

Borland seem to be even less helpful than usual wrt BP and TD (eg see
post from w...@aol.com (13/2/97) on Borland's response to TP7 and TD5
incompatibilities.  I suppose they're trying to press everyone into
Delphi -- the same attitude that's made me switch to MS C etc

Hope this helps
Alan.

Other Threads