Re: web host on my ADSL --> my PC

2005-10-12 05:22:52 AM
delphi83
"Ori" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
want to share my web projects with others, but how
they will access to my web root??
Give them your public Internet IP.
i give my ADSL modems ip#
That is not the correct IP to give out.
but when they write to the address bar they see my modem s confugiration
page ! :)
Obviously, because you gave then the IP of your modem directly, not the IP
that is assigned to your computer via the modem's connection with the ISP.
Use a service such as checkip.dyndns.org to find out your public IP.
That is the IP that you need to give to other people.
how they can access directly to my IIS root?
You are likely giving out the wrong IP. They should not be able to access
the modem directly.
i used some programs like no-ip, dynip, but i don't want to use them
Unless you have a static IP assigned by your ISP, then you will have to use
such services in order to know wht your current dynamic IP is at any given
time.
Gambit

Re: web host on my ADSL --> my PC

"Ori" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Thank you, but the site that you give to check the current
ip is giving me the same ip with the ADSL modem..
The IP being reported is the IP that the outside world sees for your
Internet connection. That is the IP that you need to give out.
so when i write the ip to address bar i see my modem config page :-(
If you are attempting this on a machine that is connected to the modem, then
it is likely just because you are on the same network as the modem. Try it
on a different machine that is not connected to the modem. I find it
unlikely that they can reach the modem configuration from a remote machine
using your public IP. Most modems have a secondary private IP for reaching
that configuration.
While you are in the configuration, you may want to check if it has an
option to change the port that is is accessible on. If the modem really is
listening on the public IP on port 80, then your outside users will never be
able to reach your IIS server unless you use a different port than 80.
Gambit

Re: web host on my ADSL --> my PC

Hello every one!
I have IIS installed on my PC, and i use it on localhost 127.0.0.1, but i
want to share my web projects with others, but how they will access to my
web root?? i give my ADSL modems ip# but when they write to the address bar
they see my modem s confugiration page ! :) how they can access directly to
my IIS root? i used some programs like no-ip, dynip, but i don't want to
use them, i want to write my server or my no-dyn-ip program ?? is it
possible? maybe there is no need to use programs like no-dyn-ip ? directly
connect from my ADSL ip# ??
thank you all!
good day & work....
Ori

Re: web host on my ADSL --> my PC

Thank you, but the site that you give to check the current ip is giving me
the same ip with the ADSL modem.. so when i write the ip to address bar i
see my modem config page :-(
Ori
"Remy Lebeau (TeamB)" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

"Ori" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

>want to share my web projects with others, but how
>they will access to my web root??

Give them your public Internet IP.

>i give my ADSL modems ip#

That is not the correct IP to give out.

>but when they write to the address bar they see my modem s confugiration
page ! :)

Obviously, because you gave then the IP of your modem directly, not the IP
that is assigned to your computer via the modem's connection with the ISP.

Use a service such as checkip.dyndns.org to find out your public
IP.
That is the IP that you need to give to other people.

>how they can access directly to my IIS root?

You are likely giving out the wrong IP. They should not be able to access
the modem directly.

>i used some programs like no-ip, dynip, but i don't want to use them

Unless you have a static IP assigned by your ISP, then you will have to
use
such services in order to know wht your current dynamic IP is at any given
time.

Gambit

Re: web host on my ADSL --> my PC

You should set your modem so that it pass port 80 to the machine u want.
On some modems this is done by setting "virtual server" or similar meu item,
some allow u to do it on NAT configuration pages.
"Ori" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>, haber iletisinde žunlar?
yazd?XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
Hello every one!
I have IIS installed on my PC, and i use it on localhost 127.0.0.1, but i
want to share my web projects with others, but how they will access to my
web root?? i give my ADSL modems ip# but when they write to the address
bar they see my modem s confugiration page ! :) how they can access
directly to my IIS root? i used some programs like no-ip, dynip, but i
don't want to use them, i want to write my server or my no-dyn-ip program
?? is it possible? maybe there is no need to use programs like no-dyn-ip ?
directly connect from my ADSL ip# ??

thank you all!

good day & work....

Ori

Re: web host on my ADSL --> my PC

Yes, from Virtual Server page;
I give the port 80 to my LAN ip 10.0.0.11
"Adem Meral" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
You should set your modem so that it pass port 80 to the machine u want.
On some modems this is done by setting "virtual server" or similar meu
item, some allow u to do it on NAT configuration pages.

"Ori" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>, haber iletisinde žunlar?
yazd?XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
>Hello every one!
>I have IIS installed on my PC, and i use it on localhost 127.0.0.1, but i
>want to share my web projects with others, but how they will access to my
>web root?? i give my ADSL modems ip# but when they write to the address
>bar they see my modem s confugiration page ! :) how they can access
>directly to my IIS root? i used some programs like no-ip, dynip, but i
>don't want to use them, i want to write my server or my no-dyn-ip program
>?? is it possible? maybe there is no need to use programs like no-dyn-ip
>? directly connect from my ADSL ip# ??
>
>thank you all!
>
>good day & work....
>

>Ori

Re: web host on my ADSL --> my PC

and i change the ADSL modem settings page port from 80 to another port. but
still there is no response from my local server.
in NAT configure page, there is no port setting.
but i dont understand how this programs like no-ip dynip open my local
server to the www...
i cant find out yet...
"Ori" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

>You should set your modem so that it pass port 80 to the machine u want.
>On some modems this is done by setting "virtual server" or similar meu
>item, some allow u to do it on NAT configuration pages.
>

>"Ori" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>, haber iletisinde žunlar?
>yazd?XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
>>Hello every one!
>>I have IIS installed on my PC, and i use it on localhost 127.0.0.1, but
>>i want to share my web projects with others, but how they will access to
>>my web root?? i give my ADSL modems ip# but when they write to the
>>address bar they see my modem s confugiration page ! :) how they can
>>access directly to my IIS root? i used some programs like no-ip, dynip,
>>but i don't want to use them, i want to write my server or my no-dyn-ip
>>program ?? is it possible? maybe there is no need to use programs like
>>no-dyn-ip ? directly connect from my ADSL ip# ??
>>
>>thank you all!
>>
>>good day & work....
>>

>>Ori

Re: web host on my ADSL --> my PC

Check out www.dslwebserver.com for setup information. I think
you're getting yourself tied up in knots here in your configuration.
I use ZoneEdit (www.zoneedit.com) to manage my domain name/IP
connection and DirectUpdate (www.directupdate.net/) to manage my
dynamic IP.
Once you've got that sorted out and can hit your site reliably and
consistently from the outside, you can then define virtual IIS
directories for outsiders to access.
You may want to consider creating a web service (or two) for the users
to interact with your site in order to discourage malware or hackers
from gaining direct access to data on your host machine. I have created
Delphi services in the past to handle those situations.
Hope this helps.

Re: web host on my ADSL --> my PC

From what you've described, you've taken the right steps to open the
port and forward HTTP traffic on port 80.
Here's a few more things to check:
Are you running personal firewall software on your PC?
If you are running XP, have you disabled it is firewall settings?
Are you trying to access the server via it is external IP from within
your own network? More often than not, that will not work.
Is your ISP blocking inbound connections? If your terms of service
don't allow servers to be run (i.e. residential DSL), it may be blocked.
Charles