Installation problem Indy 9 Windows XP Delphi 6 Trial

Hello:

The Indy 9 installation procedure added Indy to the package list as
"Internet Direct (Indy) for D6 Property and Component Editors".  The
entry is unchecked.  If I try to check it or install Indy60.bpl
manually I get the following message:

The procedure entry point @Idmessagecodermime@initialization$qqrv
could not be located in the dynamic link library Indy60.bpl.

Any idea what is wrong?

The following steps were taken prior to installing Indy 9:

I removed the Indy 8 installed for Delphi 5 using Add/Remove Programs
in control panel.

I removed Indy from Delphi 6 using the Project Options/Packages of
Delphi 6.

I rebooted the computer and installed Indy9 Src and Indy9 D6.

The computer is a test machine running WIndows XP Professional
Evaluation Build 2505 and a new install of the trial version
of Delphi 6.

The only file in the Delphi6\lib\debug is a readme file.

Thanks.

Re:Installation problem Indy 9 Windows XP Delphi 6 Trial

This is known problem with Delphi 6 wehre Indy was selected during the
installation. When you want to use the latest Indy you better not select
indy 8 duyring the installation procedure of Delphi 6.

Unistall indy 9 and uninstall indy 8 from delphi installation. Use
Add/Remove programs from Control panel to remove Indy from teh installed
packets. After that search for all indy files in Delphi direcotries and in
winnt\system32. Delete all these files.

Now you can install indy 9 again.

Doychin Bondzhev - Team Indy

"Sidney Egnew" <eg...@i-55.com> wrote in message

> Hello:

> The Indy 9 installation procedure added Indy to the package list as
> "Internet Direct (Indy) for D6 Property and Component Editors".  The
> entry is unchecked.  If I try to check it or install Indy60.bpl
> manually I get the following message:

> The procedure entry point @Idmessagecodermime@initialization$qqrv
> could not be located in the dynamic link library Indy60.bpl.

> Any idea what is wrong?

> The following steps were taken prior to installing Indy 9:

> I removed the Indy 8 installed for Delphi 5 using Add/Remove Programs
> in control panel.

> I removed Indy from Delphi 6 using the Project Options/Packages of
> Delphi 6.

> I rebooted the computer and installed Indy9 Src and Indy9 D6.

> The computer is a test machine running WIndows XP Professional
> Evaluation Build 2505 and a new install of the trial version
> of Delphi 6.

> The only file in the Delphi6\lib\debug is a readme file.

> Thanks.

Other Threads