Operation not allowed on a unidirectional dataset?

2003-08-14 10:26:25 AM
delphi94
I'm trying to connect to a MySQL database remotely. the connection seems to succeed, but when I try to connect a DBGrid to a dataset that connects to the table through either a TSQLTable or TSQLTable, I get the message 'Operation not allowed on a unidirectional dataset.'. anyone know why or what I can do about it?

Re:Operation not allowed on a unidirectional dataset?

<David Tittle netshadoAThotmail.com>writes
anyone know why or what I can do about it?
Use a TDataSetProvider and TClientDataSet inbetween the TDBGrid and the
TSQLDataSet.
Cheers,
Ignacio

Re:Operation not allowed on a unidirectional dataset?

use TClientDataSet that is not unidirectional .