mailto:fourn...@mcs-vdr.fr
http://www.emi.u-bordeaux/~sfournie

Re:NT service & Delphi 3

On Fri, 26 Jun 1998 12:45:31 -0700, fournier <fourn...@mcs-vdr.fr>
wrote:

>How to write a NT service with Delphi??

Delphi 4 will have a wizard that makes it easy to create an NT service.

--
Ray Lischner (http://www.tempest-sw.com/)
Author of "Hidden Paths of Delphi 3: Experts, Wizards, and the Open Tools API"

Re:NT service & Delphi 3

Ray,

But only in the C/S version, according to the product matrix on
the Inprise web site...

Ken
--
Ken White
kwh...@westelcom.com

Clipper Functions for Delphi
http://members.aol.com/clipfunc/

Ray Lischner wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Jun 1998 12:45:31 -0700, fournier <fourn...@mcs-vdr.fr>
> wrote:

> >How to write a NT service with Delphi??

> Delphi 4 will have a wizard that makes it easy to create an NT service.

> --
> Ray Lischner (http://www.tempest-sw.com/)
> Author of "Hidden Paths of Delphi 3: Experts, Wizards, and the Open Tools API"

Re:NT service & Delphi 3

On Tue, 30 Jun 1998 19:26:10 -0400, Ken White <kwh...@westelcom.com>
wrote:

[D4 & NT service wizard]

>But only in the C/S version, according to the product matrix on
>the Inprise web site...

Sigh. I don't where Inprise hides its marketing people, but apparently
not where the sun shines. In D3, they included the web server wizards
only in the C/S version, and received flak for that. Why should we buy
SQL Links just to get a web server wizard? Now they show they have
learned nothing, and ship the NT service wizard only with C/S.

A third-party developer can create an NT service wizard that works
exactly the same way as the D4 C/S version, and sell it to D4 Pro and
Std users for a small fee.

Inprise sure makes it easy for third-party software developers. In a day
where larger companies eliminate their competition by giving away
equivalent software, Inprise creates opportunities through it inept
marketing and product positioning.
--
Ray Lischner (http://www.tempest-sw.com/)
Author of "Hidden Paths of Delphi 3: Experts, Wizards, and the Open Tools API"

Re:NT service & Delphi 3

Unless you want to wait until 4.01 for Inprise to send their marketing
people on a long trip (Siberia springs to mind), you might wanna check
out http://www.sawatzki.de for some service stuff that has helped me a
couple of times.

--
Rune

fournier wrote:

> How to write a NT service with Delphi??
> Stphane Fournier
> mailto:fourn...@mcs-vdr.fr
> http://www.emi.u-bordeaux/~sfournie

Re:NT service & Delphi 3

I have used with excellent success, an NT service maker (an expert) from
Peter Antypas. Try contacting him at panty...@rmi.net

Other Threads