Call stack.

2003-08-06 01:56:14 PM
delphi119
Hi,
How do I get the call stack list form within a procedure, is there a way
to receive programmatically ?..
Lior.

Re:Call stack.

Lior writes:
How do I get the call stack list form within a procedure, is there a way
to receive programmatically ?..
See the call stack methods of IOTAThread[50]. Note that this only works
when you are stopped at a breakpoint, just like the IDE call stack window.
Erik

Re:Call stack.

Lior writes:
Is there a way to do it without stopping?
Not using the Open Tools API. You might find the call stack tools/demos
in the JCL useful, though. See: sourceforge.net/projects/jcl/. The
JCL newsgroups are the best place to discuss the JCL.
Erik

Re:Call stack.

Is there a way to do it without stopping?
Yes, Jedi code library (www.delphi-jedi.org/) does this.
see JclCreateStackList function in jclDebug unit...
Note that for successfull working, the executable must have some debug
information... (like map file, td32 debug symbols or ..)
But so, the question is not related to OTA, but Object pascal (or Delphi
as they like to call it now) <g>
--
Gert