Re: What Did the Midget Say to The Vacuum Cleaner Salesman?

2005-01-26 01:43:09 AM
delphi67

Good luck. I have found Anders (and John, for that matter) to be pretty
ineffective at this sort of thing. Borland still owes me for two BDN
articles that were published YEARS ago. Both Anders and John have tried to
"{*word*82}in" but, like everyone else I have spoken to at Borland about the
matter, they never got back to me.

Hmm... I don't see any emails from you in my inbox, except two from 2002
regarding BTP membership.
Doing some research it turns out that we do not have any paperwork on your
articles 27825 and 27905. Why they were turned live, I have no clue.
However,
I see that it was done my J.D. Hildebrand in November of 2001.
If you send us the paperwork on these two will get them paid. Send to Karen
Giles and cc myself.
Thanks!
--
Anders Ohlsson - Borland Developer Relations - bdn.borland.com/
Borland Software Corporation - www.borland.com/ - Excellence Endures

Jimmy Tharpe writes:
Good luck. I have found Anders (and John, for that matter) to be pretty
ineffective at this sort of thing.
Sometimes a reminder would help, Jimmy. When it requires other people
to do something, it is easy for something to fall through the cracks. I
found an email from you on Feb 2, 2004 that had the information in it I
need. that is the only email I found. Karen should be doing a check
request today.
Hopefully you will find us less "ineffective" for failing to deliver on
one specific item.
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com

Re: What Did the Midget Say to The Vacuum Cleaner Salesman?

"Jimmy Tharpe" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Good luck. I have found Anders (and John, for that matter) to be pretty
ineffective at this sort of thing.
Well, I 've never had to have them intervene on a normal order before, so I
have no idea what their effectiveness is in this regard.
I would have cancelled the original order and made another, except that I
had $100 off because I used a special coupon that I threw away once I used
it. 8^(

Re: What Did the Midget Say to The Vacuum Cleaner Salesman?

Captain Jake writes:
Since then I have contacted Borland three times about this order.
In the last week? I remember you saying something about not having time
to call digital river about the online order. When did you actually
place your first call?
email. The way I figure it, three contacts with Borland and an entire
month of waiting ought to be more than enough, so I am giving up.
A follow-up to what actually happened with your order would be most
appreciated.
The irony (and symbolism) of an individual developer not being able
to buy a copy of Delphi is so rich that it surely must be somewhere
in the Revelation of St. John the Divine.
I find some irony in this post, but it is most likely not the same irony
you find. :P
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com
Get source: cc.borland.com
What's going on? calendar.borland.com

Re: What Did the Midget Say to The Vacuum Cleaner Salesman?

Jimmy,
Good luck. I have found Anders (and John, for that matter) to be pretty
ineffective at this sort of thing. Borland still owes me for two BDN
articles that were published YEARS ago.
join the club ;)

Re: What Did the Midget Say to The Vacuum Cleaner Salesman?

"John Jacobson" wrote

Well, I 've never had to have them intervene on a normal order before,
I _have_ asked for their assistance in straightening out an order that was
drving me crazy, and I now have exactly what I should have on my shelf. They
were most helpful and effective.
What I provided was all the details (dates, contacts, SA contract number,
etc), and an occasional update. Their shoving on the ship of sales doesn't
necessarily turn it immediately--you have to let them know how it is going.
bobD

"Bob Dawson" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
I _have_ asked for their assistance in straightening out an order that was
drving me crazy, and I now have exactly what I should have on my shelf. They
were most helpful and effective.

What I provided was all the details (dates, contacts, SA contract number,
etc), and an occasional update. Their shoving on the ship of sales doesn't
necessarily turn it immediately--you have to let them know how it is going.
Aww, that sounds like work. :)
Jake, he might be right. Try that, if you haven't already.
Best of luck to you!
Rick Carter
XXXX@XXXXX.COM

Re: What Did the Midget Say to The Vacuum Cleaner Salesman?

Hmm... I don't see any emails from you in my inbox, except two from 2002
regarding BTP membership.
Don't forget google groups. it is been so long now that I don't remember who
I emailed and how many times.
Doing some research it turns out that we do not have any paperwork on your
articles 27825 and 27905. Why they were turned live, I have no clue.
Probably because Borland received the paper work at least three times that I
can remember. I seem to recal a newsgroup post or email from you saying you
even saw it (though the timing was strange IIRC).
If you send us the paperwork on these two will get them paid. Send to
Karen
Giles and cc myself.
Will do by Friday.
Thanks!
Thank you!
-Jimmy

Re: What Did the Midget Say to The Vacuum Cleaner Salesman?

"John Kaster (Borland)" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Captain Jake writes:

>Since then I have contacted Borland three times about this order.

In the last week?
The last contact was last week.
See if you can not get Anders to let you read the email I sent him on this
topic today.

Re: What Did the Midget Say to The Vacuum Cleaner Salesman?

Sometimes a reminder would help, Jimmy. When it requires other people
to do something, it is easy for something to fall through the cracks. I
found an email from you on Feb 2, 2004 that had the information in it I
need. that is the only email I found. Karen should be doing a check
request today.
Unfortunatly, I don't have email records that far back anymore. I know I've
talked and/or emailed and/or newsgrouped with you, Anders, and some other
people that I don't remember the names of.
Hopefully you will find us less "ineffective" for failing to deliver on
one specific item.
Two, actually ;-)
Oh - and the BTP stuff (that's three), though I am no longer interested in
that.
FWIW - Delphi has always arrived when expected :-)
-Jimmy

Jimmy Tharpe writes:
Oh - and the BTP stuff (that's three), though I am no longer
interested in that.
Those are hand-offs as well.
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com
Get source: cc.borland.com
What's going on? calendar.borland.com

Re: What Did the Midget Say to The Vacuum Cleaner Salesman?

marc hoffman writes:
join the club ;)
I see no email from you with details on missing payments, going back to
August of 2002, which was the oldest email I have from you. When was
this? What BDN article IDs?
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com
Get source: cc.borland.com
What's going on? calendar.borland.com

Re: What Did the Midget Say to The Vacuum Cleaner Salesman?

join the club ;)
Aaaaa!! was a club? Then i feel better ;)
By the way, another spanish article is not necesary. Anyway, is hard get
a article about Delphi in spanish, so, the people must be not
interested. Also maybe the article not was good anyway.... and at least
cause me to start a blog, so... (please turn on sarcasm before read.
If you read this and not turn off sarcasm, is maybe because i forget too!)

Re: What Did the Midget Say to The Vacuum Cleaner Salesman?

I see no email from you with details on missing payments, going back to
August of 2002, which was the oldest email I have from you. When was
this? What BDN article IDs?
I'm guessing that he's referring to a general lack of getting-anywhere with
Borland. Not necessarily the particular issue(s) mentioned here. From first-
and second-hand experience, it is quite difficult.
-Jimmy

Re: What Did the Midget Say to The Vacuum Cleaner Salesman?

John,
I see no email from you with details on missing payments, going back to
August of 2002, which was the oldest email I have from you. When was
this? What BDN article IDs?
i forgot. whenever BDN was pretty fresh; shouldn't be too hard to find if
one was looking for it. I don't think you will find any mails from me
complaining about it, though. but i did have an article published and never
saw a cent for it. not that it matters much, water under the bridge and
everything...