QC report 5750 analysis - 50% of success

2004-05-08 12:55:29 AM
delphi26
This is draft analysis done after a first readme.txt post.
As we remember QC5750 did include a list of "most wanted" changes in D7.
Also report included rest of reported fixes at the end.
* marks addressed reports
+ marks reports from a main list for 5750 (John's version from Comments)
C report is marked as "closed" in QC
R report is marked as "reported" in QC
O report iss marked as "opened" in QC
39 "+" reports
21 "*" reports
78 total reports
========================
50% of success
--
Serge Dosyukov
Borland Delphi product certified

Re:QC report 5750 analysis - 50% of success

Ups, lost a list...
This is draft analysis done after a first readme.txt post.
As we remember QC5750 did include a list of "most wanted" changes in D7.
Also report included rest of reported fixes at the end.
* marks addressed reports
+ marks reports from a main list for 5750 (John's version from Comments)
C report is marked as "closed" in QC
R report is marked as "reported" in QC
O report iss marked as "opened" in QC
39 "+" reports
21 "*" reports
78 total reports
========================
50% of success
* marks addressed reports
+ marks reports from a main list for 5750 (John's version from Comments)
(A-0)
* 2106+ TLargeInt field can not accept negative values in ADO
2378+ Incorrect multi-language (locale)
* 2771 ADO, TMemoField truncated by #0
3860 Midas, Blob parameters crashing with DataSnap with binary data
* 4319+ GetEnvironmentVariable fails for missing variables on Windows
Server 2003
4945 Variants, VarArrayOf losing data after NULL
(A-1)
* 998+ Negative BigInt columns show as positive
* 2109+ TDbRadiogroup unattended changes fielddata
2714 Midas, Changing a value in a filtered CDS where ...
3741 VCL, Splitter makes panels unaccessible
4071 RTL, Change in ComServ.pas between Delphi 6.0 ->7.0
4167+ Using XPManfest + Groupbox in Dll form
4726 TSoapAttachment from Windows to Linux
* 5332 VCL, WM_ENDSESSION handling broken
5603 Midas, M/D CDS data corrupt after cdsMaster.ApplyUpdates(0)
(A-2)
* 757+ Bug in Printers unit causes access violation
2246+ TCombobox gives AV when selecting empty item from dropdown
3951 IDE, Access Violation at shutdown
4744+ SysUtils.WideFmtStr crash by long arguments
* 5071 Compiler, Optimizer problem with dynamic method call
5672+ Incorrect declaration in ShlObj.pas causes programs to crash
(A-3)
3053 TLB-Editor, Access Violation in rtl70.bpl
3272+ Access violation on close caused by hint timer
* 3635 ADO, SQL Statements never get unprepared
5555+ Rare crash on keypress in TComboBox (Reported)
(B-0)
2614+ Making calls to a Web Service Often Results in invalid
Content-Type Error
* 3786 Midas, ClientDataSet.FindKey on cloned cursor fails
(B-1)
1083 Anchors don't work with large fonts
2584+ Web Deploy disabled
* 2875+ Code completion skips items when using arrow keys
* 4508+ ChangeCount being incremented when data has not changed.
4841 Problem importing type library
4861+ httpsrvr: access violations in TObjectManager.Destroy
5252 MS SQL dbExpress bug
5473+ Problem when freeing a page: the next page to be activated is not
necessarily the correct one
5732+ Code Completion dropdown list shows only blank entries
5743+ SQR function failures (a summary)
(B-2)
1113 [akRight, akBottom] Anchors don't agree with poDefault
2002+ DLL Breakpoints lost in XP
* 2717 Midas, Incorrect ChangeCount with TWideStringField
* 2379+ Negative Decimals show as positive using ADO
3031 Variants, Olevariant crash
4214 VCL, PageControl corrupts contained controls position
4513 ADO, Locate does not find Timestamps with milliseconds (closed
on technicality, still present in reality)
* 4676 Midas, Size of Blobfields not adjusted when using RefreshRecord
4691 Midas, Deleted CDS detail records re-appear (client-side M/D)
* 4716+ MTSDataModule.AutoComplete cannot be set to False.
4749 RTL, TThread.Destroy calls Resume when...
4762+ Single type SoapToVariant deserialization error
4790 Midas, Midas generates an exception when filtering on WideString
fields
* 5319 Midas, Client Dataset Locate method on a Word field always
returns false
5355 Midas, filter error in TClientDataSet
* 5509+ MIDAS allocates values against nested dataset AutoInc fields.
5737+ Generating WSIL from Service Page Info causes Access Violation
(B-3)
2190 Variants, There is a bug in array to variant array conversion
2258+ Failure to parse/compile integer constant --2147483648
* 2338+ ApplyUpdates fails if only fields without pfInUpdate are modified
3879+ Components in data module does not remains in there position when
saving
4288+ TComboBox does not allow changes of KeyCode in OnKeyPress
4653+ Windows XP 32-bit icons & TImageList problem
5136+ Response.Expires and Response.LastModified are missing in the
response-header
* 5248 Assert fails, leaves FPU in bad state
5738+ TRegistry class leaks a register key handle
(B-4)
5744 MatchesMask bugs
(C-1)
2774+ Tabs in the Component Palette Popup Menu refuse to scroll
(C-2)
1807+ Memory Leak
2269+ Class completion fails for default parameters
2522 Menu painting bugs
3636+ TInvokableClass memory leak
4836 De{*word*81}, can not Debug Newly Created Automation Object
5534 TWebBrowser memory leak
(C-3)
* 2511+ resource leak in TBitmap
4802 Const array of interfaces
4839 Const dynamic arrays
5230 RegisterCustomModule and TFrame
(C-4)
1177 Documentation, ResourceString limitation of 1024 characters
2632 Deleteing columns in inherited TDBGrid
(I-2)
5739+ Unit OPToSoapDomConv.pas references unneeded units

Serge Dosyukov (Dragon Soft) writes:
As we remember QC5750 did include a list of "most wanted" changes in
D7.
Just as a side note, QC5750 isn't the way to get things done, really.
Reports with votes will be noticed. Putting reports into a single
report like 5750 isn't the way to go about getting stuff fixed.
--
Nick Hodges -- TeamB
Lemanix Corporation -- www.lemanix.com

Re:QC report 5750 analysis - 50% of success

Serge --
One other thing to always remember -- an update will never bread
interface definitions, so any report that requires an interface change
will /not/ be done in an update pack.
--
Nick Hodges -- TeamB
Lemanix Corporation -- www.lemanix.com
Read my Blog -- www.lemanix.com/nick

Re:QC report 5750 analysis - 50% of success

Serge Dosyukov (Dragon Soft) writes:
3860 Midas, Blob parameters crashing with DataSnap with binary
data
This might have got fixed by QC6078 (which is mentioned in the readme).
(C-4)
1177 Documentation, ResourceString limitation of 1024
characters
The readme states a fix of the actual limitation (QC7851).
--
ilkka hyvärinen

Re:QC report 5750 analysis - 50% of success

It might be.
No cross information are mentioned in readme file in this cases.
So we have +2 fixed reports.
--
"Ilkka Hyvärinen" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>wrote in
message news:XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
Serge Dosyukov (Dragon Soft) writes:

>3860 Midas, Blob parameters crashing with DataSnap with binary
>data

This might have got fixed by QC6078 (which is mentioned in the readme).

>(C-4)
>1177 Documentation, ResourceString limitation of 1024
>characters

The readme states a fix of the actual limitation (QC7851).

--
ilkka hyvärinen

Re:QC report 5750 analysis - 50% of success

Nick Hodges (TeamB) writes:
bread
Beside the fact that Borland will almost certainly never put breading
on anything of yours, it won't "break" interface definitions in an
update either.
Though I do like breaded mushrooms a lot.
--
Nick Hodges -- TeamB
Lemanix Corporation -- www.lemanix.com
Read my Blog -- www.lemanix.com/nick

Re:QC report 5750 analysis - 50% of success

Serge Dosyukov (Dragon Soft) writes:
So we have +2 fixed reports.
Seems likely. I suspect (hope!) there's more such cases.
Thanks for your list BTW. It was very interesting.
--
ilkka hyvärinen

Leonel writes:
>Just as a side note, QC5750 isn't the way to get things done,
>really.

Don't you remember the history of 5750?
I think Nick meant it "isn't the way to choose items for the SP." I
do agree that it was probably useful for convincing management to have
a SP at all.
-Craig
Delphi/InterBase Weblog : delphi.weblogs.com
InterBase Performance Monitor -- Analyze and control your IB7
server: delphi.weblogs.com/IBPerformanceMonitor

Re:QC report 5750 analysis - 50% of success

Though I do like breaded mushrooms a lot.
The best thing since Sliced Bread SP1?
Oliver