scaling image with minimum loss

2003-11-15 12:15:49 AM
delphi197
hi guys ...

i'm writing some article on image.canvas (like a preview) on 1024 x
768
resolution ... i want to resize that image as 800 x 600 resolution ..
but as you know, if i stretch my image, texts on the image go bad ..

is there any way to do this simply .. ? (i think, best way is to form
image as to screen resoultion)

any idea ?

thanx in advance ...
Özgür TUĞRUL

Application & System Programmer
Ass. Database & System Adm.
Statistician & Research Ass.

Hacettepe University Office of the Registrar
Data Processing Department - System Room

XXXX@XXXXX.COM
yunus.hacettepe.edu.tr/~oztugrul/
Özgür TUĞRUL
Application & System Programmer
Ass. Database & System Adm.
Statistician & Research Ass.
Hacettepe University Office of the Registrar
Data Processing Department - System Room
XXXX@XXXXX.COM
yunus.hacettepe.edu.tr/~oztugrul/
Özgür TUĞRUL
Application & System Programmer
Ass. Database & System Adm.
Statistician & Research Ass.
Hacettepe University Office of the Registrar
Data Processing Department - System Room
XXXX@XXXXX.COM
yunus.hacettepe.edu.tr/~oztugrul/

Re:scaling image with minimum loss

Hi Özgür,
Use a bilinear or bicubic resampling routine.. There's one on Earl F.Glynn's
site and there's one in the GraphicEx library of Mike Lischke.
Kind regards,
Nils Haeck
www.simdesign.nl
"Özgür TUGRUL" writes news:XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
>hi guys ...
>
>i'm writing some article on image.canvas (like a preview) on 1024 x
>768
>resolution ... i want to resize that image as 800 x 600 resolution ..
>but as you know, if i stretch my image, texts on the image go bad ..
>
>is there any way to do this simply .. ? (i think, best way is to form
>image as to screen resoultion)
>
>any idea ?
>
>thanx in advance ...
>Özgür TUĞRUL

Re:scaling image with minimum loss

Write your article on a metafile.
A metafile can be scaled without loosing quality.
--
Finn Tolderlund