Delphi 8, .NET SP1 and XP SP2

I've got a personal copy of Delphi 8 Pro which I haven't installed on my home PC
yet (pressure of work etc etc) and I was just about to do so when I got wind
of the problems with .NET v1.1 SP1.
I've got Windows XP SP1 at home which was already rolled forward to .NET
v1.1 SP1 as a matter of course before I found out about this problem. I've
read Danny Thorpes informational about uninstalling .NET SP1 and
re-installing .NET from the Delphi 8 CD (presumably) but my question is this:
Will I be able to install XP SP2 (which probably contains .NET 1.1 SP1) and
then do the uninstall/reinstall of .NET? Specifically, would this work:
1) Install XP SP2
2) Make sysrestore point
3) Uninstall .NET 1.1 SP1
4) Make sysrestore point (maybe)
5) Install Delphi 8 .NET, (including original .NET 1.1). This would be the first
time install of D8.
Secondly (and thirdly):
Will there be a Delphi 8 service pack that addresses this problem?
Will the just-announced Delphi 2005 (bet we all start calling it D9 anyway)
fix this problem out of the box?
Regards, Stephen Walter

Re:Delphi 8, .NET SP1 and XP SP2

Hello,
1) XP sp2 doesn't contain .NET 1.1 sp1.
2) see homepages.borland.com/dthorpe/blog/delphi/
3) It seems but who knows??? Just wait and see.
Best Regards
Michel Semon
Visitez www.pricalsoft.net
--