delphi & illustrator

2007-06-09 04:06:11 PM
delphi203
We need to be able to edit & send files for printing / cutting to a wide
format printer. We can output normal images to PDF / JPG and pass them onto
the rip software which then laysout the files and prints them.
The problem is any 'weeds' (ie cut out information) is stored within the
Illustrator file.
We do not have the printer in or the rip software yet but would appreciate
any input if anyone has done anything similar within delphi.
eg adding a cut layer on an image or simple mail merge (for permits)
Cheers
SteveW

Re:delphi & illustrator

We need to be able to edit & send files for printing / cutting to a wide
format printer. We can output normal images to PDF / JPG and pass them
onto
the rip software which then laysout the files and prints them.

The problem is any 'weeds' (ie cut out information) is stored within the
Illustrator file.

We do not have the printer in or the rip software yet but would appreciate
any input if anyone has done anything similar within delphi.
eg adding a cut layer on an image or simple mail merge (for permits)
It's not exactly clear to me what you want (add marks, or get rid of them,
or ...), but the free iTextSharp library
(sourceforge.net/projects/itextsharp/) can probably help you.
Manipulate PDF's, convert JPG to PDF, add marks, watermarks, text, scale,
rotate, a.s.o.. you will have to use a .NET version of Delphi, like (free)
Turbo Delphi for .NET Explorer.
Govert

Re:delphi & illustrator

To be honest am not sure what I need till the kit arrives. I am presuming
there will be a graphic layer (level) that has the pattern to instruct the
cutter to either scribe a line or cut out. It may be a propritery format you
never know.
<noliturbare_site_4_contact>writes
>We need to be able to edit & send files for printing / cutting to a wide
>format printer. We can output normal images to PDF / JPG and pass them
onto
>the rip software which then laysout the files and prints them.
>
>The problem is any 'weeds' (ie cut out information) is stored within the
>Illustrator file.
>
>We do not have the printer in or the rip software yet but would
>appreciate
>any input if anyone has done anything similar within delphi.
>eg adding a cut layer on an image or simple mail merge (for permits)

It's not exactly clear to me what you want (add marks, or get rid of them,
or ...), but the free iTextSharp library
(sourceforge.net/projects/itextsharp/) can probably help you.
Manipulate PDF's, convert JPG to PDF, add marks, watermarks, text, scale,
rotate, a.s.o.. you will have to use a .NET version of Delphi, like (free)
Turbo Delphi for .NET Explorer.

Govert

Re:delphi & illustrator

The plotter might work with DXF format.. at least some that I know do. It is
probably best to wait for it to arrive, read the documentation, then come
back here with specific questions.
Nils

Re:delphi & illustrator

The machinery has arrived (anyone need any wide format printing?). There are
two processes involved. First the print then the cutting / weeding.
File format is .eps. We produce an sign image in .eps format, this contains
layers containg sign details. cut line & registration marks. We need to
overlay text and image onto the existing image and retain the eps format.
"delphi" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes