That sounds like a plan. :)
I put that entry in, in june of 04
keep smiling
--
Rob Schieck
TeamB

Re: remote connect hang up

Bill, Robert:
With full risk of looking very stupid, how does one add items and vote for
items in QC? Is there a FAQ or something that explains the process?
/ end stupid appearance
--
Steven S. Weston

Re: remote connect hang up

Go to qc.borland.com and look at the User's Guide in the
documentation section. I think all of your questions are covered in the
on-line help for the Windows client as well.
--
Bill Todd (TeamB)
TeamB cannot answer questions received via email
Steve Weston writes:
Bill, Robert:

With full risk of looking very stupid, how does one add items and vote
for
items in QC? Is there a FAQ or something that explains the process?

/ end stupid appearance

Re: remote connect hang up

With InterBase 7.5, can you estimate how many remote connections to the
database there were when the problem occured?
Vadim Dmitrenko writes:
Hello,
Windows 2000 server SP4
2*Xeon 3.4, RAID, net IntelPro 1000MT
Interbase 7.5 Server Edition+Unlimited User + additinal CPU Licence(from
7.1)
~80-100 connections.
Clients programs use BDE 5.01, ODBC, gds32.dll from IB 5.6.

All TCP-clients programs hang up at same time.
After that I can't connect to server from other PC,
BUT local connect works !(on the server works little program(IBX), that
have local path ),
IB service works,
interbase.log is empty (few errors 10054,NOT SHUTDOWN)
Ping to server computer is OK.
Processor is not loaded or very little.
After restart IB service on the server all work ok.
in log after restart IBservices:
ARAL-SQL (Server) Thu Mar 10 14:26:55 2005
Shutting down the InterBase service with 89 active connection(s) to 2
database(s)

ARAL-SQL (Server) Thu Mar 10 14:26:55 2005
The database G:\ND4.GDB was being accessed when the server was shutdown

ARAL-SQL (Server) Thu Mar 10 14:26:55 2005
The database C:\IB75\ADMIN.IB was being accessed when the server was
shutdown
I had few time to expriments, It is worksystem.
We work on IB 7.5 4 days. I have moved server to 7.5(2proc) from
IB5.6(singleproc),which worked without problems 100 years :)
This bad situation was two times. one more - and i without job :)

Can you help me?
Thank you.
Vadim Dmitrenko

Re: remote connect hang up

this situation does not depend on amounts of connections.
one time -98 , then 89....

Re: remote connect hang up

Bill,
Nice! I will sift my "wishes," add a report or two, and vote for those that
may already be posted. Nice client, too. Thanks for the pointer.
--
Steven S. Weston