Auto Incremental Search

2008-01-15 07:56:31 PM
delphi97
I a software that I am developing. I want to give the users a facility
by which they can search within a grid in the currently active column in
the grid by typing. I have used this feature a lot in my VB(Visual Basic) based
software using VS FlexGrid. But am missing this feature in Delphi.
Can anybody point me to a VCL grid that allows me to do this. I know of
Virtual TreeView VCL but it seems to be very hard to implement. Any
other which may be easy to use?
TIA
Yogi Yang

Re:Auto Incremental Search

Yogi Yang 007 wrote :
I a software that I am developing. I want to give the users a facility by
which they can search within a grid in the currently active column in the
grid by typing. I have used this feature a lot in my VB(Visual Basic) based software using
VS FlexGrid. But am missing this feature in Delphi.

Can anybody point me to a VCL grid that allows me to do this. I know of
Virtual TreeView VCL but it seems to be very hard to implement. Any other
which may be easy to use?

TIA

Yogi Yang
DevExpress Quantum grid. Set increamental Search (something along this
lines) to true and the grid takes care of it for you.
Regards
Yannis.
--
You talk a great deal about building a better world for your children,
but when you are young you can no more envision a world inherited by

Re:Auto Incremental Search

I am searching for a freeware or OS based VCL or a solution in how to
implement in code with any standard grid control that comes with BDS.
TIA
Yogi Yang
yannis writes:
Yogi Yang 007 wrote :
>I a software that I am developing. I want to give the users a facility
>by which they can search within a grid in the currently active column
>in the grid by typing. I have used this feature a lot in my VB(Visual Basic) based
>software using VS FlexGrid. But am missing this feature in Delphi.
>
>Can anybody point me to a VCL grid that allows me to do this. I know
>of Virtual TreeView VCL but it seems to be very hard to implement. Any
>other which may be easy to use?
>
>TIA
>
>Yogi Yang

DevExpress Quantum grid. Set increamental Search (something along this
lines) to true and the grid takes care of it for you.

Regards
Yannis.

Re:Auto Incremental Search

If you're willing to spend money, I highly recommend InfoPower
(woll2woll.com).
If not, you can do it easily in code. Just create a text box and put code
like this in the OnChange event:
procedure TfrmMain.txtFindCustomerChange(Sender: TObject);
begin
if length(txtFindCustomer.Text)>0 then
qryCustomers.Locate('LAST_NAME', txtFindCustomer.Text, [loCaseInsensitive,
loPartialKey]);
end;
You would have to adapt this to detect the active column and do the locate
in that field.
Glenn
"Yogi Yang" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

yannis writes:
>Yogi Yang 007 wrote :
>>I a software that I am developing. I want to give the users a facility
>>by which they can search within a grid in the currently active column
>>in the grid by typing. I have used this feature a lot in my VB(Visual Basic) based
>>software using VS FlexGrid. But am missing this feature in Delphi.
>>
>>Can anybody point me to a VCL grid that allows me to do this. I know
>>of Virtual TreeView VCL but it seems to be very hard to implement. Any
>>other which may be easy to use?
>>
>>TIA
>>
>>Yogi Yang
>
>DevExpress Quantum grid. Set increamental Search (something along this
>lines) to true and the grid takes care of it for you.
>
>Regards
>Yannis.

Re:Auto Incremental Search

I really wish they would bring their site out of the 1980's ;p
Regards,
Scott.
If you're willing to spend money, I highly recommend InfoPower
(woll2woll.com).

Re:Auto Incremental Search

If you're willing to spend money, I highly recommend InfoPower
(woll2woll.com).
I have tried out InfoPower but am not impressed enough to spend money on it.

If not, you can do it easily in code. Just create a text box and put code
like this in the OnChange event:

procedure TfrmMain.txtFindCustomerChange(Sender: TObject);
begin
if length(txtFindCustomer.Text)>0 then
qryCustomers.Locate('LAST_NAME', txtFindCustomer.Text, [loCaseInsensitive,
loPartialKey]);
end;

You would have to adapt this to detect the active column and do the locate
in that field.

I may not always be using a data bound grid. I sometimes use unbound
grids also. I want something that works in both types of grids viz.
Bound and Unbound.
Regards
Yogi Yang

Re:Auto Incremental Search

Scott Martin writes:
I really wish they would bring their site out of the 1980's ;p
It's Web v0.2
--
Carl