simultaneous winsocks

2006-10-02 06:18:08 AM
delphi165
Hi
Im writing a program that opens a TCPconnection in each thread.
How many threads=connections can i open?
It seams like theres a limitation somewhere around 200-300. I have never
succeded in opening more than that.
I use Windows XP pro SP2 and Indy 10.
Is there a limitation in Wíndows or Indy?
If there is. Is there a way to get around it?

Re:simultaneous winsocks

"GannTrader" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Im writing a program that opens a TCPconnection in
each thread. How many threads=connections can i open?
As many as available memory will allow.
It seams like theres a limitation somewhere around 200-300.
There is a limitation on both how many sockets you can create, and the
number of threads you can create. But both limitations are not that low.
I have never succeded in opening more than that.
Please show your actual code.
Is there a limitation in Wíndows or Indy?
There is no such limitation in Indy. It would have to be a Windows
limitation.
Gambit

Re:simultaneous winsocks

Hi