EMAIL COMPONENT

2004-02-09 11:26:04 PM
delphi201
Hi
I want a free component that sends email without an SMTP server.
I mean, the component emulates an SMTP server and send the message directly
to the posted SMTP.
Thanks

Re:EMAIL COMPONENT

Use Indy components,
Step 1 use DNS Query recipients e-mail address to find there SMTP server.
Step 2 use SMTP component to log onto recipients SMTP server and drop mail
in there mailbox.
Easy.
Regards
Lee J Cook
"Felipe Rezek Mohallem" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Hi
I want a free component that sends email without an SMTP server.
I mean, the component emulates an SMTP server and send the message
directly
to the posted SMTP.
Thanks

Re:EMAIL COMPONENT

Dear Friends , We produce an application for collecting some information
entered in each city in a state into a Main Server in Capital of state .
I need a component or a source code that If our users connect to Internet
this code send some files to Our EMail . We Would be so Glad if anybody
could
help us for this . Any source code or component that could send an email
with attachment to us will be acceptable . thanks alot.
Batis

Re:EMAIL COMPONENT

A google search on "e-mail delphi send" brings up thousands of hits.
Basically you have to choose between 3 methods with their pros and cons:
1) MAPI. Requires that the user has an e-mail client installed, that
understands MAPI. Also the sent e-mail will be stored in the "sent"-box
which may or may not be desired.
www.scalabium.com/faq/dct0115.htm
2) Connect to SMTP-server. Requires a user-account and password somewhere in
the application. The server can either be yours or the clients own. Use Indy
for this.
3) Built-in SMTP-server. Requires that port 25 is open, which it most likely
isn't. Use Indy for this.
And some additional methods:
www.scalabium.com/faq/dct0049.htm
Regards
Uffe
"batis" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

Dear Friends , We produce an application for collecting some information
entered in each city in a state into a Main Server in Capital of state .
I need a component or a source code that If our users connect to Internet
this code send some files to Our EMail . We Would be so Glad if anybody
could
help us for this . Any source code or component that could send an email
with attachment to us will be acceptable . thanks alot.
Batis

Re:EMAIL COMPONENT

Take a look at www.overbyte.be/
Regards
Trevor Keegan

Re:EMAIL COMPONENT

batis writes:

Dear Friends , We produce an application for collecting some
information entered in each city in a state into a Main Server in
Capital of state . I need a component or a source code that If our
users connect to Internet this code send some files to Our EMail . We
Would be so Glad if anybody could
help us for this . Any source code or component that could send an
email with attachment to us will be acceptable . thanks alot.
Well arguably any version of delphi comes with one in the form of the
tcpcomponent, however, things like Indy and ICS have a more easy to use
function with SMTP
--
Liz the Brit
Delphi things I have released: www.xcalibur.co.uk/DelphiThings

Re:EMAIL COMPONENT

check here too.
www.chithai.com
Larry
"batis" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

Dear Friends , We produce an application for collecting some information
entered in each city in a state into a Main Server in Capital of state .
I need a component or a source code that If our users connect to Internet
this code send some files to Our EMail . We Would be so Glad if anybody
could
help us for this . Any source code or component that could send an email
with attachment to us will be acceptable . thanks alot.
Batis

Re:EMAIL COMPONENT

3) Built-in SMTP-server. Requires that port 25 is open, which it most
likely isn't. Use Indy for this.
You don't need the server part when *sending* emails. So one only needs port
25 to be open outbound, which I think it is by default, as most email
programs use this. The difference is that one would connect directly to the
remote mail server instead of connecting to a provider's server (where a
username/password is usually needed for relaying mail).
The remote server *may* reject the post because it comes from an unknown
source (but I think this has nothing to do with your own port being open).
Since the server is theirs, they can configure it so that it doesn't do any
checking, except for perhaps some kind of key in one of the "X" fields.
Correct me if I am wrong.. I am not an expert :)
The Synapse library is a good alternative to Indy, more lightweight, and
also supports full MX record lookups in DNS (which you need for this).
Nils

Re:EMAIL COMPONENT

"Nils Haeck" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Correct me if I am wrong.. I am not an expert :)
You seem to be much more of an expert in this area than me. Connecting to
SMTP-server and using mailto: is my only personal experience, but I know
many ISP's block port 25 to some degree to stop spam and I am happy with the
one my ISP provides.
Regards
Uffe