dbexpress CoreLab vs ADO performance? feedback?

2006-06-27 05:03:21 AM
delphi70
Hi guys,
Simple and quick question, based on your own experiences (users) and CoreLab
testings (any help there guys ), do i get a better performance out of using
dbexpress with the crlab drivers than using ADO?
We have this big Component services (MTS) deployment using ADO, but we love
to get any piece of performance advantage we can, we are thinking about
moving everything to dbexpress, but, we want to hear first if someone has
positive experiences with the change.
Just in case the question comes, we are not looking to move yet to another
database (aka Oracle), it is a nice thing to have in the future, but, future
multiple database capability is not on our scope, so that as a plus in our
decision doesnt count.
Thanks.

Re:dbexpress CoreLab vs ADO performance? feedback?

Its ok if you don't want to move to Oracle but you didn't say from where?
If it is MS SQLServer then ADO/OLE DB should be the technology to use.
Its the most native technology you can get for MS SQLServer.
If you want to tweak performance you may try to get rid of any delphi
ADO wrappers in your COM+ Servers and use the ADO COM objects directly.
Ralf

Esteban Pacheco writes:
Hi guys,

Simple and quick question, based on your own experiences (users) and CoreLab
testings (any help there guys ), do i get a better performance out of using
dbexpress with the crlab drivers than using ADO?

CoreLab has a component set called SDAC that can speed up your regular ADO
crlab.com/sdac/
Regards,
Sarah