Delphi 7 Excel Automation problem

2004-10-18 09:14:11 AM
delphi6
I am in the process of migrating a programme from Delphi 6
Professional to Delphi 7 Enterprise and i have come across a slight
problem.
I have followed the excel automation example that is posted here
regularly and so in the procedure's var I have defined rangee:range
and all keep getting is error undeclared identifier 'range'. In the
uses excel2000, excelXP and excel97 have all been tried but to no
avail still the same error, also changing the var declaration from
rangee:range to rangee:excel97.range (or the appropriate excel defined
in the uses clause).
This worked and compiled with no problem in Delphi 6 and i have
exactly the same code in another programme compiled using delphi 5,
which also compiles without error.
Thanks in advance for constructive help.!!!
Ian Hutchby

Re:Delphi 7 Excel Automation problem

Ian Hutchby writes:
all keep getting is error undeclared identifier 'range'.
Use rangee: ExcelRange instead. This inconvenience was made
necessary by the changes in Delphi 7 which finally made var
parameters in server events work - a small price to pay
IMO.
By the way, it is pure chance that I saw this, and most
people posting to the borland.public.delphi.oleautomation
newsgroup won't see either your question or this reply. You
need to post your questions directly to
newsgroups.borland.com for them to get through - see the
link in my sig.
--
Deborah Pate
www.borland.com/newsgroups/genl_faqs.html