Ole Container example

2006-10-25 12:55:41 AM
delphi249
Hi all,
Is there any detailed available example for Ole Container use.
I want to preview some documents (Word, Excel) which are linked to a
database table.
I have create a form where on the left I have placed a grid and on the right
I have placed an Ole Container.
While scrolling I want to preview the linked documents. No Edit options, No
toolbars, just to see it.
Is there any way to see more than one pages without calling doverb method.
Or is there any other way to make it ?
Thanks in advance.

Re:Ole Container example

You could use the webbrowser to view any of the MS documents. Delphi 7
and older do include the TWebBrowser, but a much better alternative is
the EmbeddedWB (bsalsa.com/product.html). For D2006 you have no
alternative but the EmbeddedWB.
To view your files in the WebBrowser, use
EmbeddedWB1.Navigate(myfilename). For more info on the use, browse the
bsalsa website or browse Brain Cryers website
(www.cryer.co.uk/brian/delphi/index.htm)
Willem

--
Willem van Deursen, The Netherlands