Re: Delphi 2007 Lite 1.0 What is this?

2007-08-31 11:16:26 PM
delphi123
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] schrieb:
I had understood that alright. <g>
So, pardon me!

Re: Delphi 2007 Lite 1.0 What is this?

David,
| (trying... to... resist... must... not... give... in...
| AAAARGGGGHH!!!!)
|
| So, using software activation is a problem for your developers???
ROFL!
Thanks for my first <real laugh>of the day! ;-)
08/31/2007 10:17:10
XanaNews Version 1.17.5.7 [Q's salutation mod]

David Erbas-White writes:
Nick Hodges (CodeGear) writes:
>James Miller writes:
>
>>So, you are saying that there is a legal Delphi crack.
>
>Yes, there is a legal crack of Delphi. It runs on all of our
>Developer's machines here at CodeGear. ;-)

(trying... to... resist... must... not... give... in...
AAAARGGGGHH!!!!)

So, using software activation is a problem for your developers???
Of course not. They use a network license which is an uber-license.
We actually sell and support those kinds of licences for many of our
larger customers.
However the irony is not lost on me :-). QA does regulary register and
activate their installs during testing.
--
Allen Bauer
CodeGear

"James Miller" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
So, you are saying that there is a legal Delphi crack.
Yes, it is called Turbo Delphi Explorer. ;)

Re: Delphi 2007 Lite 1.0 What is this?

In article <46d85eb8$XXXX@XXXXX.COM>,
"Allen Bauer (CodeGear)" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
However the irony is not lost on me :-). QA does regulary register and
activate their installs during testing.
I wonder if David would be surprised if he looked at my "My
registered products" table at members.codegear.com. So many rows!
--
-David Dean
CodeGear C++ QA Engineer

David Dean [CodeGear] writes:
In article <46d85eb8$XXXX@XXXXX.COM>,
"Allen Bauer (CodeGear)" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:

>However the irony is not lost on me :-). QA does regulary register and
>activate their installs during testing.

I wonder if David would be surprised if he looked at my "My
registered products" table at members.codegear.com. So many rows!

I'm not sure what you mean by this...
Are you talking about MY registered products?
Are you talking about Allen's registered products?
I'm honestly not sure of the point you're making here -- please clarify...
David Erbas-White

Re: Delphi 2007 Lite 1.0 What is this?

In article <46d88bbd$XXXX@XXXXX.COM>,
David Erbas-White <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
I'm not sure what you mean by this...
<snip>
I'm honestly not sure of the point you're making here -- please clarify...
I'm talking about the table you would get if you were logged into
members.codegear.com as me and clicked on the "My registered products"
button. There's a large number of rows (dozens) because I test a lot of
different SKUs and types of licenses. I have activated more copies of our
products than any customer would ever need to.
The point I was trying to make was in reference to Allen's comment:
>QA does regulary register and
>activate their installs during testing.
It was very much an understatement.
--
-David Dean
CodeGear C++ QA Engineer

David Erbas-White writes:
>I wonder if David would be surprised if he looked at my "My
>registered products" table at members.codegear.com. So many rows!

I'm not sure what you mean by this...

Are you talking about MY registered products?
No, his "my registered products" webpage. It means that although he
works for CodeGear, he does register products (since he works in QA,
probably to test registration as well as the products themselves). Many
rows means that he registers products often, and many.
Steps:
Go to members.codegear.com and log in.
Click the "my registered products" button.
See the products registered on you. He has a similar page, for his
logon details. That is the page he is referring to.
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB]
"'Everything you say is boring and incomprehensible', she said,

Re: Delphi 2007 Lite 1.0 What is this?

Uwe Schuster writes:
Just curious, is ueber becoming an "official" english word?
It's mostly slang. Not sure if it is made it into the dictionary.
--
Nick Hodges
Delphi Product Manager - CodeGear

Uwe Schuster writes:
Allen Bauer (CodeGear) writes:

>Of course not. They use a network license which is an uber-license.

Is uber = ueber (uber which starts with the umlaut)?

Just curious, is ueber becoming an "official" english word?
No, but uber-something is slang for something extreme, and formed in
analogy to ‹bermensch. Of course not really the nicest historic item to
base anything on. <g>
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB]
"God, please save me from your followers!"

Re: Delphi 2007 Lite 1.0 What is this?

Uwe Schuster explained on 8/31/2007 :
Allen Bauer (CodeGear) writes:

>Of course not. They use a network license which is an uber-license.

Is uber = ueber (uber which starts with the umlaut)?

Just curious, is ueber becoming an "official" english word?
U with the umlat is properly translated into English
as ue, but u(imagine the ..)ber is translated as uber.
Likely originally from the Dead Kennedys use of
"California Uber Alles", which appeared to be a take off on
"Deustchland Uber Alles", in an anti-Californian government
song. This was picked by anti-establishment Californian
{*word*249}s and spread from there.
One reference among many,
www.urbandictionary.com/define.php
Wikipedia says "it could be argued that the English language
use of the word uber is a new word distinct from ueber"
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%9Cber
HTH,
Brad.

Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] writes:
Uwe Schuster writes:

>Allen Bauer (CodeGear) writes:
>
>>Of course not. They use a network license which is an
>>uber-license.
>
>Is uber = ueber (uber which starts with the umlaut)?
>
>Just curious, is ueber becoming an "official" english word?

No, but uber-something is slang for something extreme, and formed in
analogy to ‹bermensch. Of course not really the nicest historic item
to base anything on. <g>
Yep.. and I just didn't want to take the time to find the umlaut key on
my keyboard :-)... I think it is next to the "Any Key"...
--
Allen Bauer
CodeGear

David Erbas-White writes:
>Delphi 2007 Lite 1 What is this?

I don't know, but it tastes great AND is less filling!!!
Funny, my first thought with "Lite" is tastes like water, but you can
have twice as many and still drive home :-)
--
Robin.
Australian Bridal Accessories := www.bridalbuzz.com.au