Re: It seems to me ......

2007-04-17 03:38:45 AM
delphi199
Markus.Humm writes:
Is Rave reports still the report engine for Delphi 2007 or has that
swithced? if yes, why?
Obviously, I can not discuss such business dealings in public.
--
Nick Hodges
Delphi Product Manager - CodeGear

Re: It seems to me ......

David Erbas-White writes:
"What is the report engine for D2007?
Rave Reports.
--
Nick Hodges
Delphi Product Manager - CodeGear
blogs.codegear.com/nickhodges

Re: It seems to me ......

That's nice to know .. then I am calling you when M$ finally does me in.
Maybe I will rewite in Magic ... or Lotus Dominoe ... or ... CLIPPER>>that's
it clipper ...

Re: It seems to me ......

And you'd have to restart the car every 5 miles or after changing the radio
station if it was bought as an add-in :-)

Re: It seems to me ......

Q Correll writes:
Del,

>...while at the same time they try to get us to write
>"sophisticated" commercial programs that are browser based.

Luckily, I "don't do that." I feel for those that do. <sigh>

The "flip-side" of that coin is that stand-alone applications
developers, such as I am, are "sucking hind teat" in the tools that
are being developed. Most, if not all, the tools enhancement efforts
seem to be being directed toward the freaking web cr*p. <grumble>
Q,
I've been {*word*75}ing about this since Delphi 6 :-(
Sometimes I think I need to web-enable my app just so I can join in the
conversation ;-)
Ian

Re: It seems to me ......

"Del Murray" writes:

Maybe I will rewite in Magic ... or Lotus Dominoe ... or ... CLIPPER>>
that's it clipper ...
Us really old farts, but maybe not you callow youngsters of only 74, know
that Clipper is still alive and known as these day's as the Harbour Project
with the latest update released Mar 28, 2007. <grin>
www.harbour-project.org/
There should be a lesson in this for all those folks moaning about the
impending death of Delphi. <lol>

Re: It seems to me ......

If I could trust activex to run properly in a browser with out puking all
the time, I would not use html but just hook straight to a centrally located sql
server and use gui. I use the browser cuz it means the client can run from
anywhere and doesn't have to install anything. Which is a big deal in my
industry.

Re: It seems to me ......

IanH,
| Sometimes I think I need to web-enable my app just so I can join in
| the conversation ;-)
<shudder>;-)
04/17/2007 08:51:19
XanaNews Version 1.17.5.7 [Q's salutation mod]

Re: It seems to me ......

Nick Hodges (CodeGear) schrieb:
David Erbas-White writes:

>"What is the report engine for D2007?

Rave Reports.

So that leaves another question: why did you make such a fuzz about it
if it hasn't changed anyhow? So nothing to see here move on...
Greetings
Markus

Re: It seems to me ......

Markus.Humm writes:
So that leaves another question: why did you make such a fuzz about
it if it hasn't changed anyhow? So nothing to see here move on...
I wasn't aware that a "fuzz" had been made.