Re: ANN: Tomes of Delphi: Algorithms & Data Structures on sale again

2006-10-11 06:23:11 AM
delphi137
Julian M Bucknall writes:
Tom

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 10:13:56 +0200, Tom Backer Johnsen <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>
writes:

>Another question and a matter of simple curiosity on my part: What
>tool did you use for writing / editing the book? Word? latex? Lyx?
>What about your preferred tool management of references. EndNote?

I've been writing on my blog about the process of publishing with Lulu:

Part 1: www.boyet.com/Articles/NotesOnLulu1.html
Part 2: www.boyet.com/Articles/NotesOnLulu2.html
VERY interesting read. Thank you! I am really looking forward to
seeing the end product.
Tom

>(I am still waiting for my copy)

It took one week from ordering to receiving it for my copy. But then again, I
am in the US.

Cheers, Julian

Julian M Bucknall
CTO, Developer Express, www.devexpress.com
XXXX@XXXXX.COM

Personal blog at www.boyet.com
Author of "Tomes of Delphi: Algorithms and Data Structures"
Read my articles in The Delphi Magazine every month

Re: ANN: Tomes of Delphi: Algorithms & Data Structures on sale again

In <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>, Julian M Bucknall
writes:
I am pleased, nay, e{*word*277}d, to let you know that The Tomes of Delphi:
Algorithms and Data Structures is available for sale again.

So, nip over to Lulu and buy one right now:
www.lulu.com/content/435417.

Delivered in the UK, printed by their new UK printer, exactly one week
after ordering. Physical quality looks excellent, and I am sure the
intellectual quality will be as well :-)
--
Roger Morton
XXXX@XXXXX.COM

Re: ANN: Tomes of Delphi: Algorithms & Data Structures on sale again

Delivered in the UK, printed by their new UK printer, exactly one week
after ordering. Physical quality looks excellent, and I am sure the
intellectual quality will be as well :-)
Can you post details on costs and how much you were charged for postage?
Did the order site detect a UK order and charge sensible postage? Just to
be sure what URL did you use?
TIA

In <452d5313$XXXX@XXXXX.COM>, XXXX@XXXXX.COM writes:

Can you post details on costs and how much you were charged for
postage?
Did the order site detect a UK order and charge sensible postage?
Just to
be sure what URL did you use?

Billed for ?3.78 (= $25, I guess) plus ?.95 shipping (I chose the
super-cheap shipping option, although the book then actually arrived by
DHL, before I got the shipping e-mail saying they were shipping that
day :-). Ordered from the main (only?) lulu site. No indication given
of where it was going to be printed or shipped from - I just assumed it
would be the UK, 'cos there was a lot of chat on their web-forum about
the new UK printer.
--
Roger Morton
XXXX@XXXXX.COM

Re: ANN: Tomes of Delphi: Algorithms & Data Structures on sale again

Hi,
I'm glad I look at this news group today and found this.
I had seen this book on Amazon but the price tag there was to hefty for my
wallet.
I'm into scholarly works and immediately noticed the similarity of the title
with Niklaus Wirth's Algorithms + Data Structures = Programs, which I have
had for some time.
From the reviews it look like this book will be similar and an enjoyable
read.
Gary

Re: ANN: Tomes of Delphi: Algorithms & Data Structures on sale again

Magnus writes:
I hope they deliver from Spain, so that I don't have to pay import duties.
Got my copy on saturday, printed in spain.
--
Magnus

Julian M Bucknall <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
So, nip over to Lulu and buy one right now: www.lulu.com/content/435417.
FWIW... ordered on 10/03, arrived today 10/16. Think it just took awhile for the pony express to deliver here on the left coast. ;) The product itself looks great, nice job. can not wait to get into the content.

Re: ANN: Tomes of Delphi: Algorithms & Data Structures on sale again

Julian,
So, nip over to Lulu and buy one right now:
www.lulu.com/content/435417.
WooHoo, my copy arrived today. This is an excellent thing you've done ...
many, many thanks.
The price you set the book at was perfect! With shipping, handling and
exchange [oddly no customs, clever how they managed that - Total Invoice
Amount is (I expect) your cut] ... any way, the final bill was about $50Cdn.
Looking forward to reading it and seeing a lot more Delphi titles become
available and, not only available, but affordable.
Again ... thanks. I am off to a comfy chair with, what I expecting will be,
an excellent read,
--
Dave
Delphi Hobbyists and Occupational Developers

Re: ANN: Tomes of Delphi: Algorithms & Data Structures on sale again

Dave (and others whose books have also arrived)
On 16 Oct 2006 19:28:08 -0700, "Dave Keighan" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
WooHoo, my copy arrived today.
Excellent news! I hope you enjoy it. I must say, the reception I have had for
this reprint has encouraged me to write another computer book, albeit smaller
<g>, and publish it via Lulu.
Personal blog at www.boyet.com