How can i find/search all article in bdn?

2005-09-19 11:06:22 PM
delphi201
Yep, like in the title..
is there no search like msdn has (not using google or in other word =
internal search) ?
Best regards,
Erick

Re:How can i find/search all article in bdn?

"Erick Hartanto" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Yep, like in the title..
is there no search like msdn has (not using google or in other word =
internal search) ?
How about the Search edit and button in the upper right corner of
bdn.borland.com/ or at codecentral.borland.com?
--
Download the latest draft (version 1.22, updated 9/5/2005) of
"STILL CASTING SHADOWS: Two American Families 1620-2006"

Re:How can i find/search all article in bdn?

>Yep, like in the title..
>is there no search like msdn has (not using google or in other word =
>internal search) ?

How about the Search edit and button in the upper right corner of
bdn.borland.com/ or at codecentral.borland.com?
Nah, that would be too easy ...
--
Finn Tolderlund

Re:How can i find/search all article in bdn?

>How about the Search edit and button in the upper right corner of
>bdn.borland.com/ or at codecentral.borland.com?

Nah, that would be too easy ...
yeah, and it will took you to google :D
why Borland not implement a search like msdn has?

Erick Hartanto writes:

>>How about the Search edit and button in the upper right corner of
>>bdn.borland.com/ or at codecentral.borland.com?
>
>Nah, that would be too easy ...

yeah, and it will took you to google :D
why Borland not implement a search like msdn has?
Borland isn't an ISP. Borland isn't a search engine company. They build
tools. Why wouldn't they take advantage of THE industry expert in search
engines to build theirs?
--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB) On waves of silver I dreamed of gold
(Please do not email 'Till I lost the peace that dreaming gives

Re:How can i find/search all article in bdn?

>Yep, like in the title..
>is there no search like msdn has (not using google or in other word =
>internal search) ?

How about the Search edit and button in the upper right corner of
bdn.borland.com/ or at codecentral.borland.com?
Presumably would not meet the OP's requirement of "not using Google?"
As far as I am concerned, the current "Search" is such an improvement over
the old one that I am not about to complain.
A better place to continue this discussion would be
borland.public.bdn.website
Rick Carter
XXXX@XXXXX.COM

Re:How can i find/search all article in bdn?

Borland isn't an ISP. Borland isn't a search engine company. They
build tools. Why wouldn't they take advantage of THE industry expert
in search engines to build theirs?
Yes Borland isn't an ISP and search engine company.
let's take an example of www.download.com,
this site is not an ISP or search engine company too
Have you ever imagine you search on www.download.com
and then it will connect you to google to find the software?
anyway this is just a suggestion.
i don't mind Borland have a google search, it is useful.
but i think internal search more good,

Erick Hartanto writes:
why Borland not implement a search like msdn has?
CodeCentral and QualityCentral have their own search. Soon, all the BDN
sites will be searchable with a customized search engine that provides
better hits than Google will. But since we already have a functional
search solution, it is not a high priority.
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com

Erick Hartanto writes:
i think internal search more good
I think you're missing the point - using Google achieves the same
result. I could write my own newsreader if I wanted to, but why bother
when XanaNews does what I want?
--
Dave Nottage [TeamB]

John Kaster (Borland) writes:
Erick Hartanto writes:

>why Borland not implement a search like msdn has?

CodeCentral and QualityCentral have their own search. Soon, all the
BDN sites will be searchable with a customized search engine that
provides better hits than Google will. But since we already have a
functional search solution, it is not a high priority.
It's good to hear that,
Thanks John,
Best regards,
Erick

Re:How can i find/search all article in bdn?

yeah, and it will took you to google :D
why Borland not implement a search like msdn has?
Funny, I often find that Google provides a more effective (and faster) search
for msdn than what MS has provided.
Brian Moelk
XXXX@XXXXX.COM
www.brainendeavor.com