Did ImageEditor finally die?

Has anyone noticed that with Delphi 2006, the Image Editor
(imagedit.exe) is no more?
Does anyone else have an alternative? I can run the image editor from
D2005, but wanted to know if there are better editors out there.
--

Re:Did ImageEditor finally die?

rcf writes:
Has anyone noticed that with Delphi 2006, the Image Editor
(imagedit.exe) is no more?
Also the Resource Workshop is gone ;-(

Does anyone else have an alternative? I can run the image editor from
D2005, but wanted to know if there are better editors out there.
Many, but they cost at least 99$ or more!
-Kurt

rcf writes:
Has anyone noticed that with Delphi 2006, the Image Editor
(imagedit.exe) is no more?
Yes.
Does anyone else have an alternative?
XN Resource Editor on the partner DVD.
--
Dave Nottage [TeamB]

Eric Grange writes:
>Does anyone else have an alternative?

Colin Wilson's PE Resource Editor

www.wilsonc.demon.co.uk/d6peresourceeditor.htm

with which you can still edit your .res and .dcr directly :)
Otherwise PaintShopPro is a good investment, you get bitmap and
vector drawing tools in a single package, for those
larger-than-an-icon graphics.

Still struggling to find a simple, decent editor for ".ico" though...

Eric
Hi Eric,
Try MicroAngelo. Very nice icon editor.

Re:Did ImageEditor finally die?

Does anyone else have an alternative?
Colin Wilson's PE Resource Editor
www.wilsonc.demon.co.uk/d6peresourceeditor.htm
with which you can still edit your .res and .dcr directly :)
Otherwise PaintShopPro is a good investment, you get bitmap and vector
drawing tools in a single package, for those larger-than-an-icon graphics.
Still struggling to find a simple, decent editor for ".ico" though...
Eric

Re:Did ImageEditor finally die?

>Does anyone else have an alternative? I can run the image editor from
>D2005, but wanted to know if there are better editors out there.

Many, but they cost at least 99$ or more!

Hi Kurt,
Paint.Net is a very nice freeware graphics tool. ;)
www.eecs.wsu.edu/paint.net/

Re:Did ImageEditor finally die?

"Eric Grange" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
>Does anyone else have an alternative?

Still struggling to find a simple, decent editor for ".ico" though...

Eric
I use IconEdit32. I think you have to pay a token sum for it now from
pcmag.com (when I originally downloaded it it was free) but you can probably
download it from elsewhere if you google :)
D.
--
I might be a little backwards, but you can contact me at eiDOTtenitATzad

Re:Did ImageEditor finally die?

Still struggling to find a simple, decent editor for ".ico" though...
www.aha-soft.com had an excellent Icon Editor called IconoMaker which
was free when you registered with them. I just had a quick look on their
site, but it seems they don't offer it anymore. Maybe you can find it
somewhere else.
Cheers

Robert Giesecke schrieb:
>>Does anyone else have an alternative? I can run the image editor from
>>D2005, but wanted to know if there are better editors out there.
>Many, but they cost at least 99$ or more!

Hi Kurt,
Paint.Net is a very nice freeware graphics tool. ;)
www.eecs.wsu.edu/paint.net/
Yes, is't very nice.
But it doesn't support ICO, DCR and RES files :-(
Try colin wilson's excellent resource editor:
www.wilsonc.demon.co.uk/d9resourceeditor.htm
Achim

Re:Did ImageEditor finally die?

How can use it to create a res file or rc file? Exist another free program
to do this?
"Dave Nottage [TeamB]" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>ha scritto nel
messaggio news:43a29bf9$XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
rcf writes:

>Has anyone noticed that with Delphi 2006, the Image Editor
>(imagedit.exe) is no more?

Yes.

>Does anyone else have an alternative?

XN Resource Editor on the partner DVD.

--
Dave Nottage [TeamB]

Re:Did ImageEditor finally die?

I've always liked Visual Studio for any kind of resource editing.
Why don't you download one of the free "Express" versions. They probably
include the image editor. I realize this is a bit bloated for simply editing
icons, but you might find some other uses for it too.
"rcf" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Has anyone noticed that with Delphi 2006, the Image Editor
(imagedit.exe) is no more?

Does anyone else have an alternative? I can run the image editor from
D2005, but wanted to know if there are better editors out there.

--

Re:Did ImageEditor finally die?

Achim Kalwa writes:
No. It says:
"Resource Editing is not supported on the Visual C++ Express SKU"
bummer
Colin Wilson makes a resource editor, but sadly I love the old
imagedit..
--
Liz the Brit
Delphi things I have released: www.xcalibur.co.uk/DelphiThings

Jacob schrieb:
I've always liked Visual Studio for any kind of resource editing.

Why don't you download one of the free "Express" versions. They probably
include the image editor. I realize this is a bit bloated for simply editing
icons, but you might find some other uses for it too.
No. It says:
"Resource Editing is not supported on the Visual C++ Express SKU"
Achim

Re:Did ImageEditor finally die?

Darren Davis writes:
I use IconEdit32.
Me, too. Does everything I need.
Everything You Need to Know About InterBase Character Sets:
blogs.teamb.com/craigstuntz/articles/403.aspx

Liz writes:
Colin Wilson makes a resource editor, but sadly I love the old
imagedit..
That's a first. Never heard somebody liking that app...
--
Holger
Blog: delphi2006.blogspot.com