Detecting dbgrid data changes

Hi all,
I have a Delphi 7 desktop application (BDE, dBase tables) that
requires lengthy (re)calculation after changes to the data in a
dbgrid. I'd ideally like to detect whether data in the dbgrid and/
or underlying dataset has been changed by the user, and only recalc if
it has. Is this possible?
Thanks for any ideas you might have.

Re:Detecting dbgrid data changes

I have a Delphi 7 desktop application (BDE, dBase tables) that
requires lengthy (re)calculation after any changes have been made to