Re: Lino and Delphi

Brian Moelk writes:
Again...not a good sign for Delphi
considering that it is not a part of their core strategy.
The guys in the conference call talked about making Borland an ALM
company about 300 times. I personally couldn't help but think that
Delphi wasn't a part of that.
--
Nick Hodges -- TeamB
Lemanix Corporation -- www.lemanix.com

Re: Lino and Delphi

Brian Moelk writes:
Where's Rudy anyway? ;)
Don't know why I trimmed my quotes - vacation!
-Brion

Re: Lino and Delphi

Angra Mainyu writes:
Sounds like Lino gulped a swig of Robert Coates Kool-Aid.
I personally think the right thing to do would be take Borland (as a
whole) private again. Get rid of shareholders, quarterly statements, and
all that B.S. Stop short-term thinking.
No idea if they can find the resources, or if the current management team
could adapt (do we really even want them?). Whatever they're doing
obviously isn't working. I wish they could name names, so we'd know
whether someone responsible knew Delphi 2005 was released early, and if
that someone is *still* responsible.
Ah, well, actions speak louder than words, and everyone needs to make
mistakes to learn from them. Just because my gut cries for vengeance
doesn't make it the best option.
-Brion

Re: Lino and Delphi

Nick Hodges [TeamB] writes:
I'm sure that can all be worked out. (Intrabuilder is long gone, BTW.
Oh well. ;-)
I threw it in just for you! At least I don't keep bringing up the
ponytail! ;-)
-Brion

Re: Lino and Delphi

I do not agree that ejecting Delphi from Borland is good for the future
for Delphi. I think Borland should concentrate on Delphi, not abandon it.
Delphi is perfectly capable of bringing large money if it is treated as
the first class citizen rather than cash cow.

Re: Lino and Delphi

TObject writes:
I do not agree that ejecting Delphi from Borland is good for the future
for Delphi. I think Borland should concentrate on Delphi, not abandon it.
I agree. However, it may be time to "eject" JBuilder...
Cheers,
Kevin.

Re: Lino and Delphi

Brion L. Webster writes:
I personally think the right thing to do would be take Borland (as a
whole) private again. Get rid of shareholders, quarterly statements,
and all that B.S. Stop short-term thinking.
I agree- I think a lot of bad long-term decisions are made simply to
please the shareholders.
Cheers,
Kevin.

Re: Lino and Delphi

"TObject" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
I do not agree that ejecting Delphi from Borland is good for the future
for Delphi. I think Borland should concentrate on Delphi

Borland isn't and hasn't been for awhile now.
Delphi is perfectly capable of bringing large money if it is treated as
the first class citizen rather than cash cow.
A small cadre of committed developers and managers who believe in Delphi and
who are not constantly trying to sabotage it behind the scenes would be a
lot more conducive to Delphi's growth into the future than the present
situation.
AFAIAC, the fact that Delphi wasn't even one of the products sold by Borland
sale force for several years is all that really needs to be said. Delphi
was.is considered a "channel sales" product. If customers wanted it they
could go to Borland's website to find it. Otherwise, the only true salesman
out there selling Delphi was and is, yes you guessed it, JOHN KASTER (and
its not even his job).
Delphi has not been properly marketed for so long the situation has become a
cliche.
-- d
Need to see what's happening?
Check out the Delphi Community Blog Aggregator
delphi.flashblogger.com

Re: Lino and Delphi

In article <42f127bd$XXXX@XXXXX.COM>,
XXXX@XXXXX.COM says...
I personally think the right thing to do would be take Borland (as a
whole) private again. Get rid of shareholders, quarterly statements, and
all that B.S. Stop short-term thinking.

Not just Borland, the whole world would be better off, without Wall
Street setting the agenda

Re: Lino and Delphi

Angra Mainyu writes:
"Nick Hodges [TeamB]" writes

>www.codefez.com/Home/tabid/36/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/1
>39/ToDelphiorNottoDelphi.aspx
>
>or
>
>tinyurl.com/74adw

Sounds like Lino gulped a swig of Robert Coates Kool-Aid.
Judged by the common reception here, when people said similar things, at
least 6-12 months ago, he is "spreading FUD" and "predicting Delphi's
gloom and doom.."
I read it like he is not satisfied with the current management, have no
faith in a change that will serve Delphi, and, with good reason, fear
that his own business will suffer from Borland doing "business as usual"
because of Delphi losing market shares.
--
Ingvar Nilsen
www.ingvarius.com

Re: Lino and Delphi

It seems to me that "Delphi, Inc." would be market-driven to integrate
with as many tools like that as possible. It seems to me that the "New
Borland" would be interested in integrating with as many IDE's as
possible.
Sure, but you can certainly understand the argument that it is less of a
strategic imperative if they are separate companies.

Re: Lino and Delphi

"Kevin Berry" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes news:42f12cfb$XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
However, it may be time to "eject" JBuilder...
Absolutely.

Re: Lino and Delphi

Well, I have been suggesting Delphi's best interests are not Borlad's for
over
a year now. Here's two quick links I googled:
I bow to you, The Amazing Kreskin!

Re: Lino and Delphi

I do not agree that ejecting Delphi from Borland is good for the future
for Delphi. I think Borland should concentrate on Delphi, not abandon it.
Sure but by the sounds of what was said at the conference call, that is not
going to happen. There's no real point in wishing for something that is
impossible.

Re: Lino and Delphi

I personally think the right thing to do would be take Borland (as a
whole) private again. Get rid of shareholders, quarterly statements, and
all that B.S. Stop short-term thinking.
Not going to happen. Get over it.
Ah, well, actions speak louder than words, and everyone needs to make
mistakes to learn from them. Just because my gut cries for vengeance
doesn't make it the best option.
When is vengeance the best option? ;)
Peace to all; just fix Delphi!