Fastcode RTL Functions

Hi All
I have made a series of QC reports about Fastcode functions I'd like to
see in the RTL.
Please go vote and rate.
Fastcode Memory Manager in the RTL
qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx
Fastcode Move in the RTL
qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx
Fastcode Pos in the RTL
qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx
Fastcode PosEx in the RTL
qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx
Fastcode AnsiStringReplace in the RTL
qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx
Fastcode CharPos in the RTL
qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx
Fastcode CharPosEY in the RTL
qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx
Fastcode Uppercase in the RTL
qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx
Fastcode LowerCase in the RTL
qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx
Fastcode CompareMem in the RTL
qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx
Fastcode StrComp in the RTL
qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx
Fastcode StrCopy in the RTL
qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx
Fastcode ArcSin in the RTL
qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx
Fastcode ArcCos in the RTL
qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx
Fastcode Power in the RTL
qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx
Best regards
Dennis

Re:Fastcode RTL Functions

Dennis writes:
Please go vote and rate.
Just a reminder: Ratings are for the quality of the report, votes are
for which you would like to see implemented first.
All the great TeamB service you've come to expect plus (New!)
Irish Tin Whistle tips: learningtowhistle.blogspot.com

Re:Fastcode RTL Functions

a reminder: Ratings are for the quality of the report, votes are
for which you would like to see implemented first.
Yes.
I will monitor the votings for a few days and then make a summary. This
means that you can temporarily move some of your precious 5 votes to these
reports. Then move the votes back to the many more important reports.
Regards
Dennis

Re:Fastcode RTL Functions

I will monitor the votings for a few days and then make a summary. This
means that you can temporarily move some of your precious 5 votes to these
reports. Then move the votes back to the many more important reports.
I thought that the votes became important *after* the report was opened,
meaning that you have to leave your votes there for a long time or they
don't count.

Re:Fastcode RTL Functions

Hi Again
A few more
Fastcode RoundToEx in the RTL
qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx
Fastcode IsPrime in the RTL
qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx
Regards
Dennis

Re:Fastcode RTL Functions

I have made a series of QC reports about Fastcode functions I'd like
see in the RTL.
If they're faster that the stock functions and work properly then why not
include all of them?

Re:Fastcode RTL Functions

"Peter Zolja" <noemail>writes

If they're faster that the stock functions and work properly then why not
include all of them?
Because Borland will have to check each of them, that they work properly and
that means resources....

Re:Fastcode RTL Functions

>If they're faster that the stock functions and work properly then why not
>include all of them?

Because Borland will have to check each of them, that they work properly
and that means resources....
Careful. People will accuse you of attacking the Fastcode developers and
being a Borland Apologist for saying things like this.
Oliver Townshend

Re:Fastcode RTL Functions

Hi Oliver Townshend etc.
>>If they're faster that the stock functions and work properly then why
not
>>include all of them?
>
>Because Borland will have to check each of them, that they work properly
>and that means resources....

Careful. People will accuse you of attacking the Fastcode developers and
being a Borland Apologist for saying things like this.
I see no attack or anything.
We have tested very carefully, but Borland need to do a little work too.
I do not know how many functions they want to include.
It is a good idea to send a signal to Borland about which ones we find most
important.
Best regards
Dennis

Re:Fastcode RTL Functions

I fully agree, but you need to make a difference between adding new
functions (IsPrime) and replacing existing functions (Move).
Perhaps make that vote outside of QC. QC is very limited, when you only have
few votes to tell Borland where your interest is.
Regards
Uffe
"Dennis" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

I see no attack or anything.

We have tested very carefully, but Borland need to do a little work too.

I do not know how many functions they want to include.

It is a good idea to send a signal to Borland about which ones we find
most
important.

Best regards
Dennis

Re:Fastcode RTL Functions

Hi Uffe Kousgaard
I fully agree, but you need to make a difference between adding new
functions (IsPrime) and replacing existing functions (Move).
The QC reports state which functions are new.
Perhaps make that vote outside of QC.
I did ;-) and was asked to make QC reports ;-)
QC is very limited, when you only have
few votes to tell Borland where your interest is.
Yes to few and many reports are more important than these.
Regards
Dennis

Re:Fastcode RTL Functions

Hi
These reports have received votes
Votes
MM 5
Pos 5
Move 5
PosEx 2
AnsiStringReplace 1
CharPos 1
Regards
Dennis

Re:Fastcode RTL Functions

It is a good idea to send a signal to Borland about which ones we find
most
important.
I agree. Are there any dependencies? i.e. does fastmm depend on the
fastmove routine?
Oliver Townshend

Re:Fastcode RTL Functions

Hi
I agree. Are there any dependencies? i.e. does fastmm depend on the
fastmove routine?
In general there are no dependencies.
The memory manager is a little more complicated !
I think FastMM uses its own Move functions? --- Pierre
Regards
Dennis

Re:Fastcode RTL Functions

Dennis writes:
Hi All

I have made a series of QC reports about Fastcode functions I'd like
to see in the RTL.

Please go vote and rate.

Fastcode Memory Manager in the RTL
qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx
Well, since my interest is primarily Kylix where nothing happens, i decided
to use my 5 votes on this one.
And of course because Pierre seems to be interested in Kylix compability.
(XFUT borland.public.bdn.qualitycentral)
Question for qualitycentral:
I have bought D1-D6E
and
K1-K2E
This would be 2 products giving me 10 votes.
Later i bought D7A, where K3 was bundled.
Does the last purchase invalidate my additional 5 'Kylix(2) votes'?
Or have i misunderstood something?
--
Best regards
Stig Johansen