Rave Install problem

2003-07-24 05:44:11 AM
delphi242
I appear to have messed up my Rave Installation I am using Delphi 7 with the
included Rave version 5
After 1st installing Delphi 7 plus Rave I ran the Rave quickreport
conversion
Wizard placing the RvQR50.bpl file into my own package folder. Some time
later I decided to upgrade to Rave version 5.08 downloaded from Borland and
uninstalled Rave before doing this. However I may have forgotten about the
additional Quickreport component. Anyway now when I try to open the Rave
Designer I get the following 2 errors when I open the Visual Designer
The procedure entry point @Qrvclass@initialization$qqrv could not be located
in the dynamic link library RvCore50.bpl
Error loading package "D:\Delphi\Packages-2k\Rave\RvQR50.bpl"Do you want to
permantly remove this package from the package list (Where I keep the
package)
There seems to be no problem if I reinstall the original Rave as per CD
however
I have checked my installed packages and find no reference to the
Quickreport item. Also
when I check the components in the Rave package they appear to be duplicated
(Is this OK?)
I am no longer interested in the Quickreport conversion tool (it never
worked) but am not sure of the best way to resoilve the problem. Do i need
to amend some registry entries? or can I just answer yes to removing the
package message although I do not know where it is located
Many thanks
-
Mike Saunders

Re:Rave Install problem

Mike Saunders writes:
additional Quickreport component. Anyway now when I try to open the Rave
Designer I get the following 2 errors when I open the Visual Designer

The procedure entry point @Qrvclass@initialization$qqrv could not be located
in the dynamic link library RvCore50.bpl
Not sure about this error. Let's see if it goes away after resolving
the package errors below...
Error loading package "D:\Delphi\Packages-2k\Rave\RvQR50.bpl"Do you want to
permantly remove this package from the package list (Where I keep the
package)
I have checked my installed packages and find no reference to the
Quickreport item.
So you go to Component|Install Packages and there is no package
referencing RvQR50.bpl on the list? If so, you may also want to check
your Known Packages list in the registry
(HKCU\Software\Borland\Delphi\7.0\Known Packages)
I am no longer interested in the Quickreport conversion tool (it never
worked) but am not sure of the best way to resoilve the problem. Do i need
to amend some registry entries? or can I just answer yes to removing the
package message although I do not know where it is located
I would just answer yes to the removing the package message if you do
not want to use it.
I will try to assist you in solving this but you may get more informed
help regarding Rave in the
borland.public.delphi.thirdpartytools.ravereports group. I do not have
earlier versions of Rave here to play around with (just the one that
comes with Delphi) or this conversion tool so I will not be able to
actually reproduce your problem. However, it could be as simple as
removing the package so try that and we will go from there.
Regards,
Steve
--
Please visit our online support pages at
www.borland.com/devsupport/