Re: Rhyme or Reason - Delphi in Europe vs USA

John Kaster (Borland) writes:
It's not just Europe. it is most of the world outside the US.
IIRC, a couple of years ago New Zealand was touted as having the second
largest useage of Delphi per-capita, second only to Sweden. I don't
know what the situation's like now.
--
Cheers,
David Clegg

Re: Rhyme or Reason - Delphi in Europe vs USA

Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] writes:
versions, and the difference was negligible.
In Germany, but not USA.
Martin

Martin Waldenburg writes:
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] writes:
>versions, and the difference was negligible.

In Germany, but not USA.
The difference between USA prices and USA prices was negligible too. <g>
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB]
"He had decided to live forever or die in the attempt."

Martin Waldenburg writes:
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] writes:

>versions, and the difference was negligible.

In Germany, but not USA.
now they are selling more and more crippled versions
of the lower SKUs.
luckily Borland is no longer the only player in the field.
Martin

Martin Waldenburg writes:
now they are selling more and more crippled versions
of the lower SKUs.
No, it seems they are not, as Michael Swindell said.
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB]
"Thank God I am an atheist." -- Luis Bunuel.

Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] writes:
The difference between USA prices and USA prices was negligible too. <g>
as a member of the profession with the highest income in Germany,
negligible has likely another meaning to you as to me.
Martin

Martin Waldenburg writes:
>The difference between USA prices and USA prices was negligible
>too. <g>

as a member of the profession with the highest income in Germany,
negligible has likely another meaning to you as to me.
I am not a radiologist, or Deutsche Bank manager, or talkshow host.
Anyway, the difference between the USA prices and the USA prices (from
the same source, of course) is and was 0. The difference between
Borland USA and US retailers was in the order of 2-3%, IME. But Borland
would not sell to abroad.
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB]
"There is only one nature - the division into science and engineering

Martin Waldenburg writes:
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] writes:
>...the difference between the USA prices and the USA prices (from
>the same source, of course) is and was 0.

LOL.
Wouldn't expect anything else.

Martin
It is what I said before. <g>
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB]
"If quantum physics doesn't confuse you then you don't understand it."

Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] writes:
...the difference between the USA prices and the USA prices (from
the same source, of course) is and was 0.
LOL.
Wouldn't expect anything else.
Martin

Re: Rhyme or Reason - Delphi in Europe vs USA

Dave Nottage [TeamB] writes:
You mean there's a world outside the US?
My wife was watching an All Blacks v Australia rugby match a few years
ago, and got up to proudly sing along to the NZ national anthem (she's
a Kiwi as well). She started singing "Oh say can you see, by the dawns
early light...", and didn't even realize her error until it was pointed
out.
Thankfully she is yet to do an American version of the Haka.
--
Cheers,
David Clegg
dclegg_at_ebetonline_dot_com
Vote 1 cc.borland.com/codecentral/ccweb.exe/listing :-)
Now supports Google Groups searching with Dyna-extend(tm) technology!
QualityCentral. The best way to bug Borland about bugs.
qc.borland.com
"Hey, we didn't have a message on our answering machine when we left.
How very odd." - Homer Simpson

Re: Rhyme or Reason - Delphi in Europe vs USA

Ingvar Nilsen writes:
Have you ever tried to imagine how it is to sell something
pronounced "Delpheye"??
"Delphee" OTOH...
LOL!
--
Cheers,
David Clegg
dclegg_at_ebetonline_dot_com
Vote 1 cc.borland.com/codecentral/ccweb.exe/listing :-)
Now supports Google Groups searching with Dyna-extend(tm) technology!
QualityCentral. The best way to bug Borland about bugs.
qc.borland.com
"You never know when an old calendar might come in handy! Sure, it's
not 1985 right now, but who knows what tomorrow will bring?" - Homer
Simpson

Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] writes:
I am not a radiologist, or Deutsche Bank manager, or talkshow host.
Once my health insurance has published the average incomes
of the free professions and the dentists were at number one.
Martin

Re: Rhyme or Reason - Delphi in Europe vs USA

Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] writes:
It is what I said before. <g>
No, read it again.
Martin

Martin Waldenburg writes:
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] writes:
>It is what I said before. <g>

No, read it again.

Martin
I writes: "The difference between USA prices and USA prices was
negligible too. <g>"
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB]
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible

Martin Waldenburg writes:
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] writes:
>I am not a radiologist, or Deutsche Bank manager, or talkshow host.

Once my health insurance has published the average incomes
of the free professions and the dentists were at number one.
I would know. Your insurance was wrong.
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB]
"In America, anybody can be president. that is one of the risks you