Re: Disadvantages of Delphi.NET

2004-08-25 01:34:59 AM
delphi45
Captain Jake writes:
He said he uses VS.NET for his .NET programming (and never even bought a
copy of D8).
Still, he may use Delphi 8 unfrequently( maybe a client? ) and still use
VS.NET for *his* dotNET development( aka his own business needs other
than his clients' ones ), using client-provided Delphi 8 copies.
This seems a reasonable scenario that makes all fit. Now what? :-)
Andrew

Andrea Raimondi in <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
>He said he uses VS.NET for his .NET programming (and never even bought a
>copy of D8).

Still, he may use Delphi 8 unfrequently( maybe a client? ) and still use
VS.NET for *his* dotNET development( aka his own business needs other
than his clients' ones ), using client-provided Delphi 8 copies.

This seems a reasonable scenario that makes all fit. Now what? :-)

Only if you want to suppose something from nothing.

Re: Disadvantages of Delphi.NET

"Andrea Raimondi" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Captain Jake writes:

>He said he uses VS.NET for his .NET programming (and never even bought a
>copy of D8).

Still, he may use Delphi 8 unfrequently( maybe a client? ) and still use
VS.NET for *his* dotNET development( aka his own business needs other
than his clients' ones ), using client-provided Delphi 8 copies.

This seems a reasonable scenario that makes all fit. Now what? :-)
The *his* was not in his original statement (that was poor wording on my
part). He said he doesn't use Delphi 8 for .NET development. I still can't
reconcile his actual statements with your scenario.
Not that it matters that much anyway.
--
Read Jake's Blog at blogs.slcdug.org/jjacobson/
Or Get the RSS Feed at blogs.slcdug.org/jjacobson/Rss.aspx

Captain Jake writes:
He said he doesn't use Delphi 8 for .NET development.
I doubt he's using Delphi 8 for win32 development then <g>
--
JED, QC - Win32 Client for Quality Central:
www.alphalink.com.au/~jed/QC/

Captain Jake in <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
>Who would buy it?
People that want the unique features it will offer. Without discussing those
features I can not really go much farther in this answer.
Feature request:
When I want to archive or purge a newsgroup, I want to be able to get rid of threads that
have not had any new messages added to them in X period of time.

Re: Disadvantages of Delphi.NET

"Billb" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Feature request:

When I want to archive or purge a newsgroup, I want to be able to get rid
of threads that
have not had any new messages added to them in X period of time.
Good idea. Saved into my "Newsreader Ideas" folder.
--
Read Jake's Blog at blogs.slcdug.org/jjacobson/
Or Get the RSS Feed at blogs.slcdug.org/jjacobson/Rss.aspx
Everything contained in this post that is not quoted from others, is merely
an opinion. It may be a well-informed opinion motivated by an uncanny grasp
of facts and amazingly well-formulated theories, but it remains opinion
nevertheless. I speak for nobody but myself, and even then I may get it
wrong from time to time.

Re: Disadvantages of Delphi.NET

Derek Davidson writes:
Re-boot system. Wait until all disk activity finished. Then:
Re-boot system. Wait until all disk activity finished. Then:
Re-boot system. Wait until all disk activity finished. Then start and
Next time, do this instead, at a command prompt:
rundll32.exe advapi32.dll,ProcessIdleTasks

Colin Wilson in <412c9f72$XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
Osama bin Laden writes:

>Hmm... Sounds like the Linux phillosphy

Heh!

BTW, you share the same NNTP-Posting-Host and X-User-Info as "Colonel
Gadaffi" Could it be that you're related?!

And "Solomon Grundy" must be triplets.

I R T in <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
"Anders Ohlsson (Borland)" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:

>That's the most tasteless choice of names I have ever seen.

Gaddafi is

Osama was
Wrong again.

Billb writes:
>BTW, you share the same NNTP-Posting-Host and X-User-Info as
>"Colonel Gadaffi" Could it be that you're related?!

And "Solomon Grundy" must be triplets.
Huh? Does he go to a Welsh university too?
;)
--
Colin - using XanaNews HTTP Transport
e-mail :XXXX@XXXXX.COM

Re: Disadvantages of Delphi.NET

Billb writes:
ps. Welcome to the club!
--
Colin - using XanaNews HTTP Transport
e-mail :XXXX@XXXXX.COM
web: www.wilsonc.demon.co.uk/delphi.htm
Posted with XanaNews 1.16.4.2

Re: Disadvantages of Delphi.NET

Colin Wilson in <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:

ps. Welcome to the club!

Thanks, it is a hack but it does what I want.