Proxy Server on Client Side

How do you get around a server on the client side? I can get the wsdl with a
browser, but every time I try to actually use a service I get an
'Authentication Required' message. I am assuming it has to do with our proxy
server.

Craig Woodard

Re:Proxy Server on Client Side

In your THTTPRIO instance, set values for

HTTPWebNode.UserName, HTTPWebNode.Password and
HTTPWebNode.Proxy

I don't know it realy works (I don't have a proxy
hear to test).

Regards

Ivan.

Re:Proxy Server on Client Side

Thanks for responding, Ivan. I tried what you suggested with no avail. I'm
still getting the same message 'Authentication required (401) - ' and the
uri to the webservice. I'm beginning to wonder if there is some other issue
with which I'm dealing.

Craig

"Ivan Cruz" <i...@artha.com.br> wrote in message

> In your THTTPRIO instance, set values for

> HTTPWebNode.UserName, HTTPWebNode.Password and
> HTTPWebNode.Proxy

> I don't know it realy works (I don't have a proxy
> hear to test).

> Regards

> Ivan.

Re:Proxy Server on Client Side

> How do you get around a server on the client side? I can get the wsdl with
> browser, but every time I try to actually use a service I get an
> 'Authentication Required' message. I am assuming it has to do with our
proxy
> server.

If you have a proxy user name and password you need to set it in the HTTPRIO
as Ivan said. ALso, maybe the wsdl fetch is causing the problem - so, either
use the URL property (it will be there in the imported unit I think) or copy
the WSDL to a local file and use that instead.

--
Deepak Shenoy
Agni Software

"Craig Woodard" <craw...@atlasvanlines.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> How do you get around a server on the client side? I can get the wsdl with
> browser, but every time I try to actually use a service I get an
> 'Authentication Required' message. I am assuming it has to do with our
proxy
> server.

> Craig Woodard

Use the proxy settings of the rio-component, but set them after setting the
wsdl-location, the service and the port.
Compile your application with the USE_INDY symbol. Therefore you must use
Delphi 6.02.
Go to the unit soaphttptrans. There are two routines (SetupIndy and Get), in
which id-components are used. Change the code in that way, that the
proxyport is correctly set, because the indy-components get the port from
the URI. Normally they need a URI in the way
www.mydomain.com:8080/cgi-bin/... Better is you give them the URI like
www.mydomain.com/cgi-bin/.. and set the port information to the
proxy-property (e.g. 127.0.0.1:8080). Parse the proxy-property and set the
proxyport-property of the indy-components to 8080.
Be sure that proxy, proxyport, proxyuser and proxypassword are set before
calling the proxy!
After you have patched the sources (only soaphttptrans) it works fine,
believe me.

Roman

Re:Proxy Server on Client Side

Thanks to all! Roman's instructions to set the proxy, userid and password
AFTER setting the wsdl-location, service name and port was the key.
Strangely enough, I did not have to USE_INDY to get it to work. I'm not sure
what that means, but thanks anyway!

Craig

> Thanks to all! Roman's instructions to set the proxy, userid and password
> AFTER setting the wsdl-location, service name and port was the key.
> Strangely enough, I did not have to USE_INDY to get it to work. I'm not
sure
> what that means, but thanks anyway!

> Craig

I tried it with a jana-proxy-server. There it works only with the USE_INDY
symbol. This symbol means, that Delphi uses the indy-components instead of
using API-calls. Unfortunately there are some little mistakes in using
indy-components.

Roman

Other Threads