INDEX OUT OF DATE in a novell environment

Hi everybody,

I have an application designed in delphi 1.0 using paradox.
It runs in a novell netware environment, and when I run a process in the
application that copies data from one table to another (a good amount of
data) and updates a third one for each data copied, in the middle of the
process an "index out of date" error occurs in this third table, stopping
the process. Is there any configuration that I must set in novell's
server?This happens in any computer station on the net.

Re:INDEX OUT OF DATE in a novell environment

Are you sure the netdir is set to the same server directory
on every workstation?

For reliability, the server and every workstation needs a UPS.

Borland delpghi <supo...@rgbsys.com.br> wrote in message

> Hi everybody,

> I have an application designed in delphi 1.0 using paradox.
> It runs in a novell netware environment, and when I run a process in the
> application that copies data from one table to another (a good amount of
> data) and updates a third one for each data copied, in the middle of the
> process an "index out of date" error occurs in this third table, stopping
> the process. Is there any configuration that I must set in novell's
> server?This happens in any computer station on the net.

Re:INDEX OUT OF DATE in a novell environment

>I have an application designed in delphi 1.0 using paradox.
>It runs in a novell netware environment, and when I run a process in the
>application that copies data from one table to another (a good amount of
>data) and updates a third one for each data copied, in the middle of the
>process an "index out of date" error occurs in this third table, stopping
>the process. Is there any configuration that I must set in novell's
>server?This happens in any computer station on the net.

With Novell you should have these settings changed from the default
        CacheWrites set to No (or Off?) (default is Yes)
        Opportunistic Locking set to No (or Off?) (default is Yes)
        True Commit set to Yes (or On?) (default is No)

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Other Threads