Spybots

2004-01-15 05:35:22 AM
delphi206
I have a program compiled in Delphi 6 that clients are telling me is being interferred with by "spybots." I have solved their problems by having them download Ad-Aware, but they claim only my program is affected by these spybots. Has anyone had any experience with this phenomenon? Thanks

Re:Spybots

sam was moved enough, that he took time and energy to create the a news post
(which will probebly come back to haunt him in the future):
I have a program compiled in Delphi 6 that clients are telling me is
being interferred with by "spybots." I have solved their problems by
having them download Ad-Aware, but they claim only my program is
affected by these spybots. Has anyone had any experience with this
phenomenon? Thanks
Once with an app I was testing that queried google. On my machine it was fine,
but a friends machine it didn't work. This is because the spyware changed the
hosts file (\WINNT\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC\) to have the domain google point
somewhere else.