Custom AVI file handler

2003-08-14 05:38:33 AM
delphi150
I'm going to write a Custom AVI file handler, is this possible in Delphi?
Are there any examples?
Does anyone know where the online MSDN references have got to? almost all
the URLs returned from searches seem to have gone.
Thanks
Steve

Re:Custom AVI file handler

"Steve" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
I'm going to write a Custom AVI file handler, is this possible in Delphi?
Don't see why not.
Are there any examples?
Not that I know of.
Does anyone know where the online MSDN references have got to? almost all
the URLs returned from searches seem to have gone.
Download the Platform SDK and be done with it.
www.microsoft.com/msdownload/platformsdk/sdkupdate/
Cheers,
Ignacio

Re:Custom AVI file handler

Can anyone point me in the right directipon?
AVI handlers are called upon by the FOURCC codec description, you will need to write a CODEC that will register a specific FOURCC and will be called automatically by the system. the best way at it will be to write a DirectShow transform filter, your best starting point would be to use DSPack since they already started to translate the required headers and base classes for such job, beware that writing a working filter in Delphi is not such easy job since all the required stuff is c headers and they are slowely being translated (even as i write...), you can read about filter creation on DirectShow API help file.
--
Liran
www.com-n-sense.com

Re:Custom AVI file handler