Re: A marketing question

2007-10-24 08:39:42 PM
delphi149
Danijel,
See my post to your previous answer. Your explanation this time far
exceeded previous explanations or answers to me in your forums and in
your email responses. Now it makes sense to me where it didn't before
due to the scores and scores of posts in this NG which made it quite
confusing.
--
Regards,
Jan Ferguson
Danijel Tkalcec writes:
Jan, I hate to have to repeat this over-and-over again, but you
should check your order history to get some clarity, since you have
ordered RTC Remote Tools 1.6 and not RTC Portal. With your RTC Remote
Tools order, you were offered a free upgrade to RTC Portal VCL, with
free updates and support until January 1st 2008 (which is 13 months
after your RTC Remote Tools order).
Danijel

Re: A marketing question

"J. B. Ferguson" schrieb:
Danijel Tkalcec writes:

>As far as I know, I have answered any questions I have received, from
>anyone. If any of my answers to you were unclear, you could have
>asked for clarification and I'd have done my best to sort out all
>misconceptions. One thing you really can't claim is that I am lazy
>on words or uncooperative.

I certainly agree on that! <g>Unfortunately, because of all the
changes you made in your models and your asking people for advise and
then adopting things but changing them soon after, it was a VERY
confusing time, at least for me as a customer.
Sorry about that.
I was looking for a viable business model to make this work and not wake up
one day with a bunch of customers but no more money to invest in
development. The prices had to be low enough to make the product affordable,
but high enough to pay for it is continual development, with a license which
would avoid converting my customers into competitors (as it has happened
more than once in the past, while the old Remote Office / Remote Tools
license was in place).
>I'm sorry if the part about "using the RealThinClient SDK" was not
>clear enough.

Absolutely correct. It stated it was USING the RTC SDK. I had no idea
that it was needed for the RTC Portal later on.
Ok, this is where it all started. I thought the use of a communications
component set would imply it is requirement, since the product is mostly
about communication. I am sorry, I should have been more clear.
>As I have stated already, you have placed your order on November 17th
>2006 for *RTC Remote Tools*, not for RTC Portal. You have received
>full RTC Remote Tools source code immediately after your order. Your
>subscription period has started with your order and ends on 1st
>January 2008. As part of your subscription, you have received access
>to RTC Portal VCL Basic.

This paragraph, especially the last sentence, explains it more fully
than any other answer I received from a post I made in your forums or
any email I sent to you.
I'm glad we have finally cleared out all misconceptions.
If you have now changed your mind about "this being your last RTC order",
feel free to contact me directly to receive your coupon code for a 250 EUR
discount on any RTC Portal VCL subscription, which you can get once as a
licensed RTC Remote Tools 1.6 user:
www.realthinclient.com/contact.htm
As an example, should you decide to issue the coupon code now to purchase a
RTC Portal VCL + SDK Basic subscription (399 - 250 = 149 EUR), you would
receive the RTC SDK with 12 months of updates and support and extend your
RTC Portal VCL Basic subscription until January 2009 (your current
expiration date + 12 months).
Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec, Team RTC
www.realthinclient.com

Re: A marketing question

"J. B. Ferguson" schrieb:
Danijel,

See my post to your previous answer. Your explanation this time far
exceeded previous explanations or answers to me in your forums and in
your email responses.
Ok.
Now it makes sense to me where it didn't before
due to the scores and scores of posts in this NG which made it quite
confusing.
When in doubt, please use E-Mail to clear any possible confusion. Even
though you can also get your answers by posting a thread like this in the
Newsgroups, not many vendors will be happy when being occused of "a ripoff".
Anyway ... I am glad we have sorted things out at the end and hope you will
continue to be one of our valued customers.
Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec, Team RTC
www.realthinclient.com

Re: A marketing question

Danijel Tkalcec writes:
I'm glad we have finally cleared out all misconceptions.
As am I.
If you have now changed your mind about "this being your last RTC
order", feel free to contact me directly to receive your coupon code
for a 250 EUR discount on any RTC Portal VCL subscription, which you
can get once as a licensed RTC Remote Tools 1.6 user:
www.realthinclient.com/contact.htm
I will take a look tomorrow as I am quite busy tonight. Thank you.
Regards,
Jan Ferguson

Re: A marketing question

Danijel Tkalcec writes:
>Absolutely correct. It stated it was USING the RTC SDK. I had no
>idea that it was needed for the RTC Portal later on.

Ok, this is where it all started. I thought the use of a
communications component set would imply it is requirement, since the
product is mostly about communication. I am sorry, I should have been
more clear.
In fact that why I was very interested in RTC VCL (aka Portal). I am a
neophyte when it comes to web database development and from your
initial descriptions of the VCL product, it sounded like I could easily
learn how to develop new apps and/or convert some of my current
applications to web based.
Just a little background of where I was coming from.
Regards,
Jan Ferguson

Re: A marketing question

Just to clear out missunderstanding ...
RTC SDK is a set of communication components, mostly used for writing Web
Applications and Rich Client/Server applications which need to be able to
run over the Internet and/or inside LAN. It is a set of components which can
easily be integrated into any application (drop on form/datamodule and
implement events), offering you a variety of options for writing
Internet-enabled applications with Delphi/BCB:
www.realthinclient.com/about_sdk.htm
www.realthinclient.com/order_sdk.htm
RTC Portal is a remote support solution built on top of the RTC SDK:
www.realthinclient.com/about_rt.htm
www.realthinclient.com/order_rt.htm
Best Regards,
Danijel Tkalcec, Team RTC