Re: XP home or Pro?

2006-07-05 02:54:16 AM
delphi206
"Dave White" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
"Rudy Velthuis [TeamB]" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
news:xn0eo9sjac3drtk001-velthuis@www.teamb.com...

>Home doesn't have IIS, so if you need that, Home is out of the question.

Supposedly, it is possible to install IIS on Home - never tried it myself
though.

adamv.com/dev/articles/iis-on-xp-home

Good grief.... Before you embarked on that trip I think you'd have to
a) be pretty desparate to NOT rebuild you're PC; or,
b) have way too much time on your hands; or,
c) want to prove a point
<g>
EdB

Re: XP home or Pro?

edbored writes:
Good grief.... Before you embarked on that trip I think you'd have to
a) be pretty desparate to NOT rebuild you're PC; or,
b) have way too much time on your hands; or,
c) want to prove a point
Id vote B all the way :P
You need way too much of B to even start C.. A would be the last on the
list.. as you can upgrade from home to pro with a good reliability
--
Liz the Brit
Delphi things I have released: www.xcalibur.co.uk/DelphiThings