SQL Server version running on NT Server

Hello everyone,

I am writing a MIDAS Briefcase app. with SQL Server 7 as the backend which
would be on the server if the user connects to the server.

I need to know if the users is connected to the network, is SQL Server 7
running.  The server has SQL Server 6.5 and SQL Server 7 on it and either of
them may be running at a given point of time.  Ofcourse, it in ensured that
no one is using the version currently running on the server before switching
to the other SQL version.  The clients wants both SQL version on the server.

Any help on the above would be more than welcome.

Thanks and regards,
Vinod

Re:SQL Server version running on NT Server

Vinod,

Try the sp_server_info stored proc. (Attribute 2 is version)

Mike Walsh

Select SUBSTRING(@@version,23,4) As VersionSql

> Hello everyone,

> I am writing a MIDAS Briefcase app. with SQL Server 7 as the backend which
> would be on the server if the user connects to the server.

> I need to know if the users is connected to the network, is SQL Server 7
> running.  The server has SQL Server 6.5 and SQL Server 7 on it and either
of
> them may be running at a given point of time.  Ofcourse, it in ensured
that
> no one is using the version currently running on the server before
switching
> to the other SQL version.  The clients wants both SQL version on the
server.

> Any help on the above would be more than welcome.

> Thanks and regards,
> Vinod

Other Threads