Re: Socket #10060

2003-08-04 11:37:37 AM
delphi2
Ignacio Vazquez writes:
"MeGaBrAiN" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
news:3f2dd2b3$XXXX@XXXXX.COM...

>How to prevent this error in Indy IdHttp?

From the Platform SDK:

"10060 | A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not
properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed
because connected host has failed to respond. | WSAETIMEDOUT"

Cheers,
Ignacio

thans for fast reply
but I have tried idHttp.connect( some values ) but error still exists...
it works normally on machine with proxy client..
is there some tricks in using proxy parameters of idHTTP?

Re: Socket #10060

"MeGaBrAiN" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
but I have tried idHttp.connect( some values ) but error still exists...
You should not be using Connect() directly. For TIdHTTP, only call Get().
is there some tricks in using proxy parameters of idHTTP?
Did you actually fill in the TIdHTTP::ProxyParams property with correct
information for the proxy you are using? Is the proxy actually running and
accessible from the machine you are seeing this error on? Is the proxy even
working correctly in the first place?
Gambit

Re: Socket #10060

>but I have tried idHttp.connect( some values ) but error still exists...

You should not be using Connect() directly. For TIdHTTP, only call Get().

is idHTTP keep session after using Get, Post?

>is there some tricks in using proxy parameters of idHTTP?

Did you actually fill in the TIdHTTP::ProxyParams property with correct
information for the proxy you are using? Is the proxy actually running and
accessible from the machine you are seeing this error on? Is the proxy even
working correctly in the first place?

Yap.. all params filled.. in my LAN i use ISA server, and all work
perfectly.. but with other proxies i got this error.. so dont know what
to do

Gambit

Re: Socket #10060

"MeGaBrAiN" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
is idHTTP keep session after using Get, Post?
Please clearify the question.
Gambit

Re: Socket #10060

>is idHTTP keep session after using Get, Post?

Please clearify the question.

Gambit

my code is:
one BN:TdidHTTP on a Datamodule
BN using HTTP 1.1
somethere in mainform
begin
BN.connect( predefinned timeout );
result:=BN.Post ( path, somevalues);
BN.disconnect;
end;
i define proxyparams on starting application;
thats all..
with ISA server this code proceed normally.. with other proxy is not
btw, i use TIdIOHandlerSocket, TIdSocksInfo and TIdConnectionIntercept..
this components also have setting for proxy.. but result is the same

Re: Socket #10060

"MeGaBrAiN" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
BN.connect( predefinned timeout );
result:=BN.Post ( path, somevalues);
BN.disconnect;
You should not be calling Connect() and Disconnect() manually. Post()
already handles that internally. Simply call Post() all by itself.
i define proxyparams on starting application;
Did you specify correct values for your actual proxy server?
with ISA server this code proceed normally.. with other proxy is not
That doesn't say anything about the actual problems you are having.
btw, i use TIdIOHandlerSocket, TIdSocksInfo and TIdConnectionIntercept..
TIdSocksInfo applies to SOCKS only. Are you actually using a SOCKS proxy
server? either way, you shouldn't need to use any connection Intercept for
what you are trying to do.
this components also have setting for proxy.. but result is the same
You should only need to use the TIdHTTP::ProxyParams property only, no extra
components. Does your proxy require a username/password? Are you actually
specifying those values correctly? Are you using the TIdHTTP's
OnAuthorization and OnProxyAuthorization events at all?
Gambit

Re: Socket #10060

>BN.connect( predefinned timeout );
>result:=BN.Post ( path, somevalues);
>BN.disconnect;

You should not be calling Connect() and Disconnect() manually. Post()
already handles that internally. Simply call Post() all by itself.

understood..

>i define proxyparams on starting application;

Did you specify correct values for your actual proxy server?

yes.. it doesnt work if i usw wrong params.. so this place is correct

>with ISA server this code proceed normally.. with other proxy is not

That doesn't say anything about the actual problems you are having.

>btw, i use TIdIOHandlerSocket, TIdSocksInfo and TIdConnectionIntercept..

TIdSocksInfo applies to SOCKS only. Are you actually using a SOCKS proxy
server? either way, you shouldn't need to use any connection Intercept for
what you are trying to do.

i want to use different methods of connection to internet. so i some
cases i need socks

>this components also have setting for proxy.. but result is the same

You should only need to use the TIdHTTP::ProxyParams property only, no extra
components. Does your proxy require a username/password? Are you actually
specifying those values correctly? Are you using the TIdHTTP's
OnAuthorization and OnProxyAuthorization events at all?

my ISAserver not require user/pass..
i dont use OnAuthorization and OnProxyAuthorization events

Gambit