ActiveX, Events and the event sink.

Dit is een meerdelig bericht in MIME-indeling.

------=_NextPart_000_01BC467E.AFAB6440

Hello friends

I had this message on my question on events and OLE from Conrad Herrmann:

-------
ActiveX events aren't like they are in Delphi.  In Delphi, an event is
defined by a published data member; in ActiveX they are implemented in the
control by providing a connection point to hold an event sink interface.
Since you're building something that isn't really running in a generic
container, you can save yourself a lot of work by implementing the event
sink in a more simple manner than an automation interface, say by making
the method that gives the server object's interface to the client return
the client's notification interface back to the server.

Otherwise, if you really want to get into building automatable events
you'll need to either wait for Delphi 3, get the OLE Control Wizard from
Apiary, or read up lots about connection points in Adam Denning's book on
OLE Controls.

-- Conrad Herrmann
------

Now I am stuck with implementing the event sink in a simple manner in
Delphi 2.

Does someone know how to do this and can he (or she) lend me some code af
this kind..

I wold really appreciate it.

--
Thanks from Holland.

Sanne Hoekstra
Sant...@dds.dds.nl
------=_NextPart_000_01BC467E.AFAB6440

color=3D"#000000" face=3D"Arial">Hello friends<br><br>I had this message =
on my question on events and OLE from Conrad =
Delphi. &nbsp;In Delphi, an event is<br>defined by a published data =
member; in ActiveX they are implemented in the<br>control by providing a =
connection point to hold an event sink interface. <br>Since you're =
building something that isn't really running in a generic<br>container, =
you can save yourself a lot of work by implementing the event<br>sink in =
a more simple manner than an automation interface, say by making<br>the =
method that gives the server object's interface to the client =
return<br>the client's notification interface back to the =
server.<br><br>Otherwise, if you really want to get into building =
automatable events<br>you'll need to either wait for Delphi 3, get the =
OLE Control Wizard from<br>Apiary, or read up lots about connection =
sink in a simple manner in Delphi 2.<br><br>Does someone know how to do =
this and can he (or she) lend me some code af this kind..<br><br>I wold =
color=3D"#000000"></p>
------=_NextPart_000_01BC467E.AFAB6440--