Re: DesignerTypes (Fixed - for now!)

2004-12-02 10:34:23 PM
delphi123
The problem with the missing "DesignerTypes.pas" file boiled down
to D2005 needing a much better seperation of design-time and
run-time entities.
The problem first arose when trying to compile a rather large
project and the error message appeared. This was in spite of
all the packages that contribute to the project compile ok - but
not the project itself.
Finally solved the problem by giving all the components a
fine-tooth combine and properly moving various components into
respective run-time and design-time packages. Long and involved
process, but it finally worked!
Conclusion: D2005 (aka D9) is just NOT as tolerant as D7.
Bruce
<snip>

Aardvark writes:

The problem with the missing "DesignerTypes.pas" file boiled down
to D2005 needing a much better seperation of design-time and
run-time entities.

The problem first arose when trying to compile a rather large
project and the error message appeared. This was in spite of
all the packages that contribute to the project compile ok - but
not the project itself.

Finally solved the problem by giving all the components a
fine-tooth combine and properly moving various components into
respective run-time and design-time packages. Long and involved
process, but it finally worked!

Conclusion: D2005 (aka D9) is just NOT as tolerant as D7.
These rules were first fully enforced in D6. Since Delphi 6 you can't link in
design time code into your app and has required separating the two. I wrote
community.borland.com/article/0,1410,27717,00.html for Delphi 6 and it is still
applicable in D7,8 and 2005.
--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build

Re: DesignerTypes (Fixed - for now!)

What do you mean by "fine tooth" combine? I am having similar problems with a
runtime package.
"Aardvark" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes