MAPI & HTML

2004-05-07 12:31:38 PM
delphi11
Can any one explain the mechanics of MAPI and HTML.
From reading the Microsoft Newsgroup site on Messaging it would appear that
MAPI does not support HTML. Yet if a HTM file is saved as a MAPI attachment
it appears as a correctly formatted HTML email text body in the mapi object
window.
Is there any capability / difference with Richtext?
Regards
Peter

Re:MAPI & HTML

Outlook 98/2000 installed in the IMO mode uses the PR_HTML_BODY property. In
all other cases Outlook wraps HTML into RTF and stores it in the
PR_RTF_COMPRESSED property (if you have OutlookSpy installed, select a
message, click IMessage, select the PR_RTF_COMPRESSED property).
Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
www.dimastr.com/
OutlookSpy - Outlook, CDO
and MAPI Developer Tool
"Peter Batten" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Can any one explain the mechanics of MAPI and HTML.

From reading the Microsoft Newsgroup site on Messaging it would appear
that

Dmitry Streblechenko writes:
Outlook 98/2000 installed in the IMO mode uses the PR_HTML_BODY
property. In all other cases Outlook wraps HTML into RTF and stores
it in the PR_RTF_COMPRESSED property (if you have OutlookSpy
installed, select a message, click IMessage, select the
PR_RTF_COMPRESSED property).
Is there a known algorithm to wrap the HTML into RTF in a way that (all
or some versions of) Outlook recognises it?
--
Regards,
Steve Moss,

Re:MAPI & HTML

Funny you should ask - I posted a function to do just that to the
microsoft.public.win32.programmer.messaging newsgroup (msnews.microsoft.com)
a couple days ago - look for the "HTML Property PR_BODY_HTML or PR_HTML ?"
thread started on 5/5/2004.
Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
www.dimastr.com/
OutlookSpy - Outlook, CDO
and MAPI Developer Tool
"Steve Moss" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Dmitry Streblechenko writes:

>Outlook 98/2000 installed in the IMO mode uses the PR_HTML_BODY
>property. In all other cases Outlook wraps HTML into RTF and stores
>it in the PR_RTF_COMPRESSED property (if you have OutlookSpy
>installed, select a message, click IMessage, select the
>PR_RTF_COMPRESSED property).

Is there a known algorithm to wrap the HTML into RTF in a way that (all
or some versions of) Outlook recognises it?

--
Regards,
Steve Moss,
CoCo Systems Ltd.

Delphi 6.02, Win2K + SP4

Re:MAPI & HTML

Ah, thanks Dmitry - I will go take a look.
--
Regards,
Steve Moss,