Re: Fat Lazy American Programmers under siege (again)

2007-01-18 06:49:43 AM
delphi142
Don't you get it?
He's taking you Yanks for a mickey!
Of course he's not for real!
He has probably just watched Borat and decided on a bit od fun!
regards
Mike
"Dennis Landi" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

"John Jacobson" <jake@j[nospam]snewsreader.com>writes
>"Dennis Landi" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
>>This guy is for real. He posted an identical ad in the jobs forum in
>>2004...
>
>That doesn't make him for real, it just makes him repetitious. I doubt he
>is for real, because he is posting from an Earthlink account, using an
>American English version of Forte Agent, from the Pacific time zone.
>
>It is just a xenophobic joke, nothing more.

And the previous posts from previous years? Same guy, or is this guy
copying that guy for some unfathomable reason?

-d

Re: Fat Lazy American Programmers under siege (again)

On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 09:29:05 +0530, "Dennis Landi" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>
writes:
"It all good. I promise this all."
- Asbjørn

Re: Fat Lazy American Programmers under siege (again)

groups.google.com/group/borland.public.delphi.jobs/browse_thread/thread/83d00046ef120da9/9dbad74bb7fa6bff
<quote>
US citizens also haff bad habits of question authority figurines. They want
to know "why".
They don just shut up and code things like you want and like.
Humble. No pride with me, I do wat you say. No "wrong way" says me. I not
argu with you
even if you really wrong. You customer, you have money, you are riht.
</quote>
Asking "why" isn't questioning authority figures per se. Its good to know
what they are trying to achieve and why. Its good to know the business
reasoning behind things. It help you build better software to do so. I
write insurance software and if I did not ask "why" or try to understand the
reasoning behind things we'd have a {*word*99}py product. Giving them exactly
what they *think they* want is a very bad recipe for disaster, in my
experience. You have to cut the chase and figure out what they're trying to
achieve, sometimes they don't even know or their ideas how to achieve it are
flawed.
The places I have worked that have had foreign workers contracted to do
development have had one major problem: they don't ask questions. They just
do exactly as told and deliver a {*word*99}py system that isn't even close what
what was originally desired. No "wrong way" say he? that is rubbish. I'd
never hire a coder that can not think for himself and stand up to tell me when
I'm wrong or thinking incorrectly.
I like his last line: "You customer, you have money, you are right.".
Basically, this guy is saying that he will not care about politics, process,
design, refactoring, proper planning, understanding the business,
understanding what problems that software is trying to solve, never question
anything or try to get to the heart of what the business/customer really
wants (to deliver the right thing), never have follow up meeting to make
sure that the software meets expectations or needs, but he's happy to keep
taking money (when "cheap" runs into endless development cycles it becomes
"expensive") until funds run dry and there is no respect for him by the
customer... coders (I don't even call him a developer) like him are what
gives developers that actually know what they're doing a bad name.
I'll admit, there are a lot of lazy Americans. But I have worked with
non-Americans that are just as lazy if they can get away with it.
Thanks,
Shawn

writes:

>What a hoot.
>
>groups.google.com/group/borland.public.delphi.jobs/browse_thr
>ead/thread/83d00046ef120da9/9dbad74bb7fa6bff?lnk=st&q=Saprasadecceio
>+group%3A*delphi*&rnum=1&hl=en#9dbad74bb7fa6bff

Hillarious and thanks for my new slogan:

"It all good. I promise this all."

- Asbjørn
I personally like "management figurines"
--

Re: Fat Lazy American Programmers under siege (again)

"Francois Malan" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

I personally like "management figurines"
Its good stuff.
-d

Re: Fat Lazy American Programmers under siege (again)

"Liz" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Joe Hendricks writes:

>theo writes:
>>Wotz rong widit?
>
>Yae, lookz fyne too me to
>JoHe

he did n0t uz gud l33t
*resists urge to throttle Liz for knowing leet*
*only kidding*
Best,
D.
P.S. how is The Burning Crusade working out?

Lord Crc writes:

>On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 09:29:05 +0530, "Dennis Landi" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>
>writes:
>
>>What a hoot.
>>
>>groups.google.com/group/borland.public.delphi.jobs/browse_thr
>>ead/thread/83d00046ef120da9/9dbad74bb7fa6bff?lnk=st&q=Saprasadecceio
>>+group%3A*delphi*&rnum=1&hl=en#9dbad74bb7fa6bff
>
>Hillarious and thanks for my new slogan:
>
>"It all good. I promise this all."
>
>- Asbjørn

I personally like "management figurines"
Perhaps we should ask Nick Hodges to show off his management figurine in the
next DelphiTV segment.
*shudder*
Or perhaps not....
Best,
D.

Re: Fat Lazy American Programmers under siege (again)

"Dennis Landi" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
What a hoot.

groups.google.com/group/borland.public.delphi.jobs/browse_thread/thread/83d00046ef120da9/9dbad74bb7fa6bff

or

tinyurl.com/2ko7k7

This guy is for real. He posted an identical ad in the jobs forum in
2004...
Just because he's posted before doesn't mean he's "for real." I think
actually he's a very clever and funny guy using a made up name, a la Mark
Twain "speaking" through Huck Finn. The misspellings and logic lapses are
just too "perfect" to be genuine.
He's probably from Cleveland, or Des Moines, or so...
--
Check out my books here: www.lulu.com/blackbirdcraven
and/or read about "Zany Warble" here: funniestnovelever.blogspot.com/

Clay Shannon writes:
He's probably from Cleveland, or Des Moines, or so...
I've not been to Des Moines, but I have certainly met people in the flesh
like that in Cleveland. :)
--
Chad Z. Hower
Microsoft Regional Director - "Not a Microsoft Employee"

Re: Fat Lazy American Programmers under siege (again)

You just like to bury yourself don't you :)
Hello Chad,

"Clay Shannon" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Just because he's posted before doesn't mean he's "for real." I think
actually he's a very clever and funny guy using a made up name, a la Mark
Twain "speaking" through Huck Finn. The misspellings and logic lapses are
just too "perfect" to be genuine.
And he is posting from an EarthLink account somewhere in the Pacific time
zone, which I doubt would be the case if he truly were a foreigner.

He's probably from Cleveland, or Des Moines, or so...
The time zone appears to be PST.

>Just because he's posted before doesn't mean he's "for real." I think
>actually he's a very clever and funny guy using a made up name, a la Mark
>Twain "speaking" through Huck Finn. The misspellings and logic lapses are
>just too "perfect" to be genuine.

And he is posting from an EarthLink account somewhere in the Pacific time
zone, which I doubt would be the case if he truly were a foreigner.

>He's probably from Cleveland, or Des Moines, or so...

The time zone appears to be PST.
Yes, who ever heard of a Russian in the Pacific Time Zone?
Preposterous, I say.
-d

Re: Fat Lazy American Programmers under siege (again)

Well said.
/Matthew Jones/

Re: Fat Lazy American Programmers under siege (again)

I wood exsplain, but a mistry is much more enjoyed when it stay a mistry.
Class warfair is not niceness or wanted. Sapra simply wish to get along with American
busness that want programmers who now there places. They write check and I cash them. It
so simple.
"STFU and code" musical to sapra's ears, because it clear the way of the competishun who
want respected.

On 2007-01-18 07:52:37 +1100, " Tom Corey"
<XXXX@XXXXX.COM>said:
Andrew V. Fionik writes:

>Who is Borat?

Consider yourself fortunate that you don't know :)

www.imdb.com/title/tt0443453/
Hehe...If you don't find Borat amusing then you need to see a doctor
and have your funny-bone checked :)