Re: .NET 3.5 Final released

2007-11-23 06:01:19 PM
delphi4
I installed it on the machine itself and not a VM. Put a button on the
form which took about 10 seconds before VS became responsive again.
Then dropped a WindowsFormHost on the form with the same result. Added
a Tab/Page control which took a couple of seconds. When I tried to
resize the Tab control over the WindowsFormHost, the painting went all
bonkers. Resized it back off an painting was fine.

There may be a problem with the WindowsFormHost control but aside from
that, 10 seconds to drop a button on a form is ludicrous.

I think you may need to upgrade that 386.
Craig.

Re: .NET 3.5 Final released

Dean Hill writes:
I installed it on the machine itself and not a VM. Put a button on the
form which took about 10 seconds before VS became responsive again.
Then dropped a WindowsFormHost on the form with the same result. Added
a Tab/Page control which took a couple of seconds. When I tried to
resize the Tab control over the WindowsFormHost, the painting went all
bonkers. Resized it back off an painting was fine.

There may be a problem with the WindowsFormHost control but aside from
that, 10 seconds to drop a button on a form is ludicrous.

A .NET assembly comes as CIL which has to be compiled into native code.
The result is cached so it is only a big hit the first time an assembly
is used or it has to be recompiled for some reason.
Brian

Re: .NET 3.5 Final released

NGEN?