One class diagram - many class units

2007-04-10 04:33:28 PM
delphi7
Hi,
I hope it is okey to post since I didn't get any responses in the
together.modeling group.
Just started using Delphi Win32 BDS2006 Arch.
All these modeling diagrams and modeling options are quite new to me.
I would like to have one class diagram for some of my classes. These classes
are in 'one unit per class' and I can't seem to find the way to have an
editable class diagram for these classes :(
Is this possible? and if so will anyone be kind enough share some
hint's/info with me:)
Thanks,
Leo

Re:One class diagram - many class units

"Craig Stuntz [TeamB]" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM [a.k.a. acm.org]>wrote
in message news:XXXX@XXXXX.COM...

Drag one unit from the model view onto a diagram. Then drag another
unit. Done.

Thanks Craig, but ...
Well, I have one simple project : A MainForm and 2 seperat units. In unit 1
I have a simple class 'First' and in unit 2 I have another simple class
'Second' that inherits from class 'First'. If I go to the model view and
'default diagram' I can see the classes, but no assosiation between the
classes 'First' & 'Second' ? Shouldn't there be som kind of assosiation
between the two to indicate the inheritance?

Leif Eirik Olsen writes:
All these modeling diagrams and modeling options are quite new to me.
I would like to have one class diagram for some of my classes. These
classes are in 'one unit per class' and I can't seem to find the
way to have an editable class diagram for these classes :(
Drag one unit from the model view onto a diagram. Then drag another
unit. Done.
IB 6 versions prior to 6.0.1.6 are pre-release and may corrupt
your DBs! Open Edition users, get 6.0.1.6 from mers.com

Re:One class diagram - many class units

Is this possible?
ModelMaker allows this:
www.modelmakertools.com/modelmaker/index.html
For example:
www.modelmakertools.com/modelmaker/screenshots/page2.html
in this case colors were used to show that classes are contained
by different units (manually colored)
Gerrit Beuze
ModelMaker Tools

Re:One class diagram - many class units

Ad cancelled. Please don't respond to questions about one tool by
advertising a different tool.
Thank you,
-Craig
Borland newsgroup denizen Sergio González has a new CD of
Irish music out, and it is good: tinyurl.com/7hgfr

Re:One class diagram - many class units

Hi Leif,
Have a look to Attachment to see an example in Delphi 2007 and other example
in BDS2006.
In model diagram Unit 3 you can see the intheritance from two classes from
different units.
Regards,
Jose Maria Sanmartin

Re:One class diagram - many class units

"Jose Maria Sanmartin" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Have a look to Attachment to see an example in Delphi 2007 and other
example in BDS2006.

In model diagram Unit 3 you can see the intheritance from two classes from
different units.
Great, thanks alot!
regards,
Leo

Re:One class diagram - many class units

Hello,
another thing I would like: put all those diagrams (at leas those of one
project) into one single file. I think this would be better to handle.
I tried today to remove the model support from a fairly big project
where it was only turned on but not used. Due to some crashes of the IDE
it always kept komming back and I hat to edit the projectfile with some
editor. The name of the diagramm folder is still in the project now but
the folder doesn't exist anymore. So I assume I haven't "killed" that
model support good enough!
Greetings
Markus