Delphi 7 Update 1.1

2004-06-09 04:42:52 PM
delphi153
Hi,
I have just looked at the following page
www.borland.com/products/downloads/registered/del7_reg_updates_prompt.html
and discovered that there is a new update 1.1 for Delphi 7 available. It's
almost 2 Megs bigger than the first update. Has this been announced anywhere
so I missed this up?
Thanks for clarification,
Ivo

Re:Delphi 7 Update 1.1

"Ivo Bauer" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
[..] Has this been announced anywhere so I missed this up?
Maybe in Delphi Direct or the RSS thingie? <G>

Re:Delphi 7 Update 1.1

"Alessandro Federici [RemObjects Software]" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>
píše v diskusním příspěvku news:40c6ce96$XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
>[..] Has this been announced anywhere so I missed this up?

Have you looked at Delphi Direct or the RSS feed? <G>
At Delphi Direct, there is a link to the article about Delphi 7.1 Update -
that's the first one. I cannot see anything about 1.1 update of an update
there.
Maybe you could post the direct link to the related information...
Best regards,
Ivo

Re:Delphi 7 Update 1.1

Ivo Bauer writes:

I have just looked at the following page

www.borland.com/products/downloads/registered/del7_reg_updates_
prompt.html

and discovered that there is a new update 1.1 for Delphi 7 available.
It's almost 2 Megs bigger than the first update. Has this been
announced anywhere so I missed this up?

Thanks for clarification,
Ivo
It has been announced by a newsletter from Borland in Germany to German
customers. (I received the newsletter on Monday)
Jan

Re:Delphi 7 Update 1.1

"Ivo Bauer" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
[..]
Maybe you could post the direct link to the related information...
I was being sarcastic (and not with you) ;-)
Sorry about that! I didn't mean for you to actually look.

Re:Delphi 7 Update 1.1

Ivo,
I have just looked at the following page

www.borland.com/products/downloads/registered/del7_reg_updates_prompt.html

and discovered that there is a new update 1.1 for Delphi 7 available. It's
almost 2 Megs bigger than the first update. Has this been announced
anywhere
so I missed this up?
i only see "Update 7.1", but it is dated May 27th. (the original 7.1 is
older, right)? is this the one you mean?
--
marc hoffman
RemObjects Software

Re:Delphi 7 Update 1.1

"marc hoffman" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>píše v diskusním příspěvku
i only see "Update 7.1", but it is dated May 27th. (the original 7.1 is
older, right)? is this the one you mean?
Yes. The title announces Update 7.1 but if you hover the mouse over the
download link, you will see that files are named like this
altd.borland.com/devsupport/delphi/d7/update1r2/Delphi_71_Pro_Update_Inline/d7_pro_upd1_1.exe
Which obviously means that this is an update of an update. I of course
really appreciate that Borland has provided the fixes for the bugs
introduced in the first update but IMO some announcement with detailed
information on what has changed/fixed would not harm.
Best regards,
Ivo

Re:Delphi 7 Update 1.1

"Jan Mitrovics" <mitrovics_at_web.de>píše v diskusním příspěvku
It has been announced by a newsletter from Borland in Germany to German
customers. (I received the newsletter on Monday)
Hmm, I would guess I will receive it too. Seems that there is some latency in
the Borland's czech affiliate. Thanks for the reply, Jan.
Best regards,
Ivo

Re:Delphi 7 Update 1.1

Which obviously means that this is an update of an update. I of course
really appreciate that Borland has provided the fixes for the bugs
introduced in the first update but IMO some announcement with detailed
information on what has changed/fixed would not harm.
From that page:
"PLEASE NOTE: This download has been recently updated to address the
persistent field issue in the original release of the Delphi 7.1 Update. The
latest version of the patch will enforce data integrity without raising an
exception.For more info on the persistence field issue, please see the
ReadMe.txt files."

Re:Delphi 7 Update 1.1

Ivo Bauer writes:
"Jan Mitrovics" <mitrovics_at_web.de>pme v diskusnmm pxmsplvku
>It has been announced by a newsletter from Borland in Germany to
>German customers. (I received the newsletter on Monday)

Hmm, I would guess I will receive it too. Seems that there is some
latency in the Borland's czech affiliate. Thanks for the reply, Jan.

Best regards,
Ivo
Wait and see. Actually this was the first email announcement of a
Delphi 7 Update, that I received. I do not understand how Borland has
organized this (seems to be part of the chaotic system that Danny
mentioned in the other thread ;-). IME information on updates may come
through many different channels and this newsgroup seems to be the best
way to secure, that you don't miss an update...
Still the scope of this update 1.1 is unclear to me. In the download
section and the email they mention only one thing ('Persistant Field'-
problem). it is also not clear what happens, if you install it over a
Delphi with the old Update 1, since it does include the update.
Therefor I decided to wait with updating for a while.
Jan

Re:Delphi 7 Update 1.1

Peter,
Thanx for the snippet, installing now!
From that page:
"PLEASE NOTE: This download has been recently updated to address the
persistent field issue in the original release of the Delphi 7.1 Update.
The
latest version of the patch will enforce data integrity without raising an
exception.For more info on the persistence field issue, please see the
ReadMe.txt files."
And here i have been sitting waiting anxiously for this to get fixed the
past two weeks, and now i learn the fix has been out for two weeks. Another
big hooray for communication with customers. Wohoo. I guess anything but
sneaking this in below the radar would have been to much to ask for...

Re:Delphi 7 Update 1.1

And are now all the missing fixed sourcefiles enclosed in this download?
Rolf
"Ivo Bauer" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:40c6cd89$XXXX@XXXXX.COM...

I have just looked at the following page

www.borland.com/products/downloads/registered/del7_reg_updates_prompt.html

and discovered that there is a new update 1.1 for Delphi 7 available. It's
almost 2 Megs bigger than the first update. Has this been announced anywhere
so I missed this up?

Thanks for clarification,
Ivo

Re:Delphi 7 Update 1.1

"Peter Zolja" <csu10711 [at] mail.claytonstate.net>píše v diskusním
příspěvku news:40c6f3f3$XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
From that page:
"PLEASE NOTE: This download has been recently updated to address the
persistent field issue in the original release of the Delphi 7.1 Update.
The
latest version of the patch will enforce data integrity without raising an
exception.For more info on the persistence field issue, please see the
ReadMe.txt files."
I must be blind. I am pretty sure this paragraph was not there when I have been
looking today morning. But still I think that an announcement (for example
in the Borland NGs) would not harm.
Best regards,
Ivo

Re:Delphi 7 Update 1.1

"Jan Mitrovics" <mitrovics_at_web.de>píše v diskusním příspěvku
Wait and see. Actually this was the first email announcement of a
Delphi 7 Update, that I received. I do not understand how Borland has
organized this (seems to be part of the chaotic system that Danny
mentioned in the other thread ;-).
I don't know too. Two weeks ago (!) I received an official notification
about the availability of the first update. A bit late, IMO. :-)
IME information on updates may come
through many different channels and this newsgroup seems to be the best
way to secure, that you don't miss an update...
Fully agreed.
Still the scope of this update 1.1 is unclear to me. In the download
section and the email they mention only one thing ('Persistant Field'-
problem). it is also not clear what happens, if you install it over a
Delphi with the old Update 1, since it does include the update.
Try to install it and you will see. Let me then know if it had any impacts.
:-)
Best regards,
Ivo

Re:Delphi 7 Update 1.1

"Ivo Bauer" writes

I must be blind. I am pretty sure this paragraph was not there when I've
been
looking today morning. But still I think that an announcement (for example
in the Borland NGs) would not harm.

I clearly remember reading it few days ago.