using INTAServices.NewToolbar

2007-05-02 10:19:24 PM
delphi102
Hi all,
I searched groups and internet without finding ansers, so here we go:
Has anyone tried & succeeded creating a new toolbar
through the D2005-D2007 ToolsAPI INTAServices.NewToolbar ?
What I am particularly interested in is this:
I assume a new TB can created with the above mentioned method,
but do I need to do this each time the IDE is restarted, or will the
IDE remember my toolbar plus any cusomtizations the user made
next time the IDE starts?
If I have to recreate it each time: how are the changes the user made through the
customize toolbar dialog restored? Should I do that too? How do I do that?
Any examples would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance,
Gerrit Beuze
ModelMaker Tools

Re:using INTAServices.NewToolbar

Gerrit Beuze writes:
Has anyone tried & succeeded creating a new toolbar
through the D2005-D2007 ToolsAPI INTAServices.NewToolbar ?
In my experience the toolbar stuff in the OTAPI is a mess. While I use
NewToolbar in a couple of my addins, I actually save my own toolbar
preferences (positions) to the registry.
This unfortunately means you can not customise the toolbars (unless you
store that info as well).
I'm sure it is possible to figure out how you are supposed to interact
with the Toolbar interfaces, unfortunately I am a little time poor (now)
and bad when I needed them.
--
TJSDialog - TaskDialog for other operating systems:
www.jed-software.com/jsd.htm