About Windows XP Service Pack 2

checked my mailbox today and noticed HP notification:
"
Update for HP Instant Share application error after installing Windows XP Service Pack 2
Driver Alert
Products: HP Scanjet 3670 digital Flatbed Scanner,HP Scanjet 3670v digital Flatbed Scanner
OS: Microsoft Windows XP Version: 1.0.1.0
Release Date: Jan 18 2005 Description: This patch will resolve an
Instant Share Application error on Windows XP systems that have
Service Pack 2 installed
"
So after all, it is not Borland guilt, that SP2 broke the things.

Re:About Windows XP Service Pack 2

>So after all, it is not Borland guilt, that SP2 broke the things.
Please elucidate.

You are coming from nowwhere with a comment like this.
I think he means to say that it is not only Delphi that was "broken" by
XP SP2. A lot of software from a number of companies had similar
problems, including the printer drivers he cited. So blame M$.
Rick Carter
XXXX@XXXXX.COM

Re:About Windows XP Service Pack 2

"Andrew Rybenkov" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes>

So after all, it is not Borland guilt, that SP2 broke the things.

Please elucidate.
You are coming from nowwhere with a comment like this.
Mike

Re:About Windows XP Service Pack 2

In which way was Delphi "broken" by SP2?
Mike
"Rick Carter" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
>>So after all, it is not Borland guilt, that SP2 broke the things.

>Please elucidate.
>
>You are coming from nowwhere with a comment like this.

I think he means to say that it is not only Delphi that was "broken" by
XP SP2. A lot of software from a number of companies had similar
problems, including the printer drivers he cited. So blame M$.

Rick Carter
XXXX@XXXXX.COM

Re:About Windows XP Service Pack 2

When I had SP2 installed, it does not prohibits Delphi from running. The
only thing it broke
for me was the mshtml.dll and IIS 5.1 on the XP Pro. I guess generally for
normal usage there
should not be any effect.
Edwin
"Mike B" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
In which way was Delphi "broken" by SP2?

Mike

Re:About Windows XP Service Pack 2

In which way was Delphi "broken" by SP2?
just search Google with
"Windows XP Service Pack 2 Delphi"

Andrew Rybenkov writes:
just search Google with
"Windows XP Service Pack 2 Delphi"
And then sift through all the noise and false leads to find message
threads that conclude SP2 indeed did "break Delphi"
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com

Andrew Rybenkov writes:
>In which way was Delphi "broken" by SP2?

just search Google with
"Windows XP Service Pack 2 Delphi"
I guess that would explain why I am able to work 8 hours a day in Delphi
under SP2 without any difficulty.
--
Eric Schreiber
Kobayashi Software

Re:About Windows XP Service Pack 2

I guess that would explain why I am able to work 8 hours a day in Delphi
under SP2 without any difficulty.
congrats, though I do not understand sense of your post, is this
a "I wash my teeths everyday" thread?

Re:About Windows XP Service Pack 2

And then sift through all the noise and false leads to find message
threads that conclude SP2 indeed did "break Delphi"
well, nobody prevent you to refine (and post here) the query, that Google returned only highly related topics.

John Kaster (Borland) writes:
And then sift through all the noise and false leads to find message
threads that conclude SP2 indeed did "break Delphi"
Have you tried to debug an ISAPI in Delphi under Win XP SP2? it is more
painful than reading posts from that "captain" character in this group.
Travis

John Kaster (Borland) writes:
And then sift through all the noise and false leads to find message
threads that conclude SP2 indeed did "break Delphi"
Have you tried to debug an ISAPI in Delphi under Win XP SP2? it is painful.
Travis

Andrew Rybenkov writes:
well, nobody prevent you to refine (and post here) the query, that
Google returned only highly related topics.
Go right ahead. You're the one making the claims.
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com
Get source: cc.borland.com
What's going on? calendar.borland.com

Re:About Windows XP Service Pack 2

Go right ahead. You're the one making the claims.
The only claim I did - Borland was not guilty.
I see now I made mistake as you agressively not agree.

Andrew Rybenkov writes:
The only claim I did - Borland was not guilty.
I must not have read your message correctly, then.