how to capture WAV output into a buffer and save to file?

Hi all,
I want to grab some sounds from a simple game and I thought that if I
could somehow capture the WAV output into a buffer and save to file using
waveIN/waveOUT or similar?
Any ideas?
--
Cheers,
Paul.

Re:how to capture WAV output into a buffer and save to file?

Paul Nicholls writes:
Hi all,
I want to grab some sounds from a simple game and I thought that
if I could somehow capture the WAV output into a buffer and save to
file using waveIN/waveOUT or similar?
there are delphi components that will allow you to grab sound buffers
and then you need to dump them into a wave file, i wrote a sample for
that, it can be found in our website check it out.
www.com-n-sense.com/FtpRoot/RiffRW.zip
Liran
www.com-n-sense.com

Re:how to capture WAV output into a buffer and save to file?

"Liran Shahar" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Paul Nicholls writes:

>Hi all,
>I want to grab some sounds from a simple game and I thought that
>if I could somehow capture the WAV output into a buffer and save to
>file using waveIN/waveOUT or similar?

there are delphi components that will allow you to grab sound buffers
and then you need to dump them into a wave file, i wrote a sample for
that, it can be found in our website check it out.

www.com-n-sense.com/FtpRoot/RiffRW.zip

Liran
www.com-n-sense.com
Thanks Liran, I just tried it on some CD music playing and it worked a
treat!
The only thing is that I have to fiddle with the volume as it records very
softly compared with the original, but hey :-)
cheers,
Paul.