OnScreen keyboard

2006-10-30 05:22:12 PM
delphi156
Hi,
is there any (free) on-screen keyboard component like Windows own osk.exe
available?
--
cu,
Michael

Re:OnScreen keyboard

Not that I know of, but are you building a Kiosk? If so, there is Kioware which
has a keyboard UI.
"Michael Fritz" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

is there any (free) on-screen keyboard component like Windows own osk.exe
available?

--
cu,
Michael

Re:OnScreen keyboard

"Michael Fritz" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
is there any (free) on-screen keyboard component like Windows own osk.exe
available?
I've seen TKeyboard at www.sarix.biz/tkeyboard/ but it isn't free,
it's 55 Euros. Haven't tried it, so I can not comment on its quality.
Van Swofford
Tybee Jet Corp.

Re:OnScreen keyboard

"William Egge" writes <news:XXXX@XXXXX.COM>:
Not that I know of, but are you building a Kiosk? If so, there is Kioware which
has a keyboard UI.
No, not a Kiosk software but a means to prevent password grabbing with
keylogger software and/or similar hardware based loggers.
--
cu,
Michael

Re:OnScreen keyboard

Michael Fritz writes:
"William Egge" writes

>Not that I know of, but are you building a Kiosk? If so, there is
>Kioware which has a keyboard UI.
No, not a Kiosk software but a means to prevent password grabbing with
keylogger software and/or similar hardware based loggers.
Then you won't want it putting key codes into the windows messaging
system then, otherwise I am sure a keylogger would be able to trap them.
Surely you just want a numeric pad that you have to click on, where the
keys change location, then you need a logger + screen s{*word*99}er. I would
write one myself.
Personally, I'd use an RSA "random" number generator, giving
passwords 20 seconds of validity.
HIH
JAC.
--
Jason Chapman
JAC2 Consultancy

Re:OnScreen keyboard

If that was my purpose, I would want to be much more careful about how it was
implemented too. No point in having "ButtonA", "ButtonB", "ButtonC" as
identifiable window classes and IDs etc - the logger can watch the mouse
down and grab the window IDs that way just as easily. You'd want to
randomly name and position them, and grab the key pressed some other way.
/Matthew Jones/