gexperts vs. coderush

Just wondering what anyone has to say.
Keith

Re:gexperts vs. coderush

Craig Clemans writes:
I use both in D7. They both do things that the other does not.
And then there's Castalia. It has some features from CodeRush, but
I've seen posts from others that not all CodeRush features exist (yet)
in Castalia. Still, I use GExperts together with Castalia, for the same
reason you use CodeRush and Gexperts together.
Castalia can be found at
www.delphi-expert.com/castalia3/gettrial.html.
--
Marcel Bestebroer (Team JEDI) delphi-jedi.org
Project JEDI Help coordinator

Re:gexperts vs. coderush

In article <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>, XXXX@XXXXX.COM says...
Just wondering what anyone has to say.

Different critters, best used together.
Me? I use GExperts, Modelmaker code explorer, Castilia and Codefactor
--
John
Life is complex. It has real and imaginary parts

Re:gexperts vs. coderush

Keith G Hicks writes:
Just wondering what anyone has to say.

Keith
I use both in D7. They both do things that the other does not.
hth,
Craig Clemans
Delphi Source Code for Accounting Systems
DBISAM - Interbase - Firebird
www.ledgeraccounting.com

Re:gexperts vs. coderush

Just wondering what anyone has to say.
Try ModelMaker Code Explorer.
www.modelmakertools.com
Gerrit Beuze
ModelMaker Tools

Re:gexperts vs. coderush

both.
--
Ed Dressel
"Keith G Hicks" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Just wondering what anyone has to say.

Keith

Re:gexperts vs. coderush

Yep. I agree. I realized after running grexperts for an hour or 2 that they
both offer enough features the other doesnt to make them both worthwhile.
Keith
"Ed Dressel" <none>writes news:XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
both.
--
Ed Dressel

Re:gexperts vs. coderush

I cannot do without MMX, IMO, it is most important productivity tool I could
use with Delphi. BTW, I own CodeRush, but uninstalled it.
--
Best regards
Steve
>Just wondering what anyone has to say.

Try ModelMaker Code Explorer.
www.modelmakertools.com

Gerrit Beuze
ModelMaker Tools

Re:gexperts vs. coderush

What does MMX and IMO stands for? (I assume MMX stands for Model Maker, but
I don't know what the X stands for)
"Steve Forbes" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

>>Just wondering what anyone has to say.
>
>Try ModelMaker Code Explorer.
>www.modelmakertools.com
>
>Gerrit Beuze
>ModelMaker Tools

Re:gexperts vs. coderush

ABF writes:
What does MMX and IMO stands for? (I assume MMX stands for Model Maker, but
I don't know what the X stands for)
MMX = Modelmaker Code Explorer
IMO = In my opinion
Cheers,
Rolf

Re:gexperts vs. coderush

"Keith G Hicks" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
Just wondering what anyone has to say.

Keith

Keith,
You may want to take a look at Compass for Delphi
(www.crescosoft.com). it is a new product which brings
functionality not covered ( or just lightly covered) by
other tools. For example is the only IDE add-on which
fully covers Find References and Rename Symbols
(context sensitive, project wide), two of the most
useful refactorings in my opinion.
Regards,
Cresco Software

Re:gexperts vs. coderush

Cresco Software writes:
You may want to take a look at Compass for Delphi
(www.crescosoft.com). it is a new product which brings
functionality not covered ( or just lightly covered) by
other tools. For example is the only IDE add-on which
fully covers Find References and Rename Symbols
(context sensitive, project wide), two of the most
useful refactorings in my opinion.
Looks quite interesting... Any thoughts of producing a D5 (Pro) version?
Cheers,
Nick

Re:gexperts vs. coderush

Looks quite interesting... Any thoughts of producing a D5 (Pro) version?

Cheers,
Nick
Nick,
Thanks for your interest in Compass for Delphi.
Perhaps will be a D5 version too. can not say right now.
Best regards,
Cresco Software

Re:gexperts vs. coderush

CnPack English site
www.cnpack.org/index.php

Re:gexperts vs. coderush

Steve Forbes <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
<XXXX@XXXXX.COM>
I cannot do without MMX, IMO, it is most important productivity tool I could
use with Delphi. BTW, I own CodeRush, but uninstalled it.
Same here. MMX is by far and away the most useful third-party IDE add-in I
have. I used to own a copy a CodeRush for D6, but it did not have any
refactoring, and was version-specific (meaning I would have to pay in order to
get the Delphi 7 version). On the other hand, MMX has followed me as I upgraded to
D2005, adding useful features all along the way. And amazingly enough for a
Delphi add-in, it is rock-solid.
I noticed somebody in another thread mention Refactor! by DevExpress as
something that VS had available but Delphi did not, but I have to say, I
looked at the Refactor! site and the features listed there are but a small
subset of what you get with MMX.
Delphi+MMX is truly a *very* productive environment.
--
***Free Your Mind***
Posted with JSNewsreader-BETA 0.9.4.544