TIdConnectionInterceptOpenSSL

2005-07-29 11:42:35 PM
delphi83
I need do a post using https.
I'm using Delphi 6
The help for TIdHTTP says "Assign an instance of TIdConnectionInterceptOpenSSL to the Intercept property to allow use of the HTTPS protocol"
There ain't no stinkin' TIdConnectionInterceptOpenSSL!
What's my next move? Is there any other way besides INDY to do an HTTPS post?

Re:TIdConnectionInterceptOpenSSL

I need do a post using https.
I'm using Delphi 6
And which version of Indy? I am assuming Indy 10.
The help for TIdHTTP says:
"Assign an instance of TIdConnectionInterceptOpenSSL to the
Intercept property to allow use of the HTTPS protocol"
There ain't no stinkin' TIdConnectionInterceptOpenSSL!
The SSL handling in Indy 10 was moved into a specialized SSL IOHandler for the HTTP client.
So you'd need to create and assign an TIdSSLIOHandlerSocketBase descendant (IdSSL.pas) to the IOHandler for the class.
Obviously, that topic needs to be updated. I will take a look at it. Thanks for the heads up.
What's my next move?
Right hand on blue... I think. <g>
--
Don Siders [Team Indy]
Indy Documentation Coordinator

Re:TIdConnectionInterceptOpenSSL

Don:>And which version of Indy? I am assuming Indy 10.
Kirk: I am using the version that came with Delphi 6 ( 8.0.25 )
Don:>So you'd need to create and assign an TIdSSLIOHandlerSocketBase descendant (IdSSL.pas) to the IOHandler for the class.
Kirk: Mama Mia! Is that all? :)
Somebody please tell me there is a simpler way!

Re:TIdConnectionInterceptOpenSSL

Don:>And which version of Indy? I am assuming Indy 10.
Kirk: I am using the version that came with Delphi 6 ( 8.0.25 )
Then what I discussed does not apply. You might consider upgrading to a later version of Indy.
Don:
So you'd need to create and assign an
TIdSSLIOHandlerSocketBase descendant (IdSSL.pas)
to the IOHandler for the class.
Kirk: Mama Mia! Is that all? :)
Somebody please tell me there is a simpler way!
Dropping a component on a form and setting a property in the Object Inspector is too much?

Re:TIdConnectionInterceptOpenSSL

>Don:=20
>So you'd need to create and assign an=20
>TIdSSLIOHandlerSocketBase descendant (IdSSL.pas)=20
>to the IOHandler for the class.

>Kirk: Mama Mia! Is that all? :)
>Somebody please tell me there is a simpler way!

Dropping a component on a form and setting a property in the Object =
Inspector is too much?

Sorry, I thought that by "create" you meant to write the code for one

Re:TIdConnectionInterceptOpenSSL

>Dropping a component on a form and setting a property in the Object =
>Inspector is too much?
Sorry, I thought that by "create" you meant to write the code for one
Not everyone is an OnClick-er. IOW, thee are some folks could care less about RAD IDEs and design-time capabilties.